Calling all rebreather mfrs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orange_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I heard the Navy is accepting rebreather submissions until mid-June 2009 for testing. It would be a great service to rebreather owners and prospective buyers to have your units tested by the Navy so we could have some scientific 3rd party data. I believe the last time they tested rebreathers was quite a few years ago and many more models have hit the market since then.

Who amongst you manufacturers is planning to or already has submitted a rebreather for evaluation?

I will cross post this to other threads.

Thank you,

Ari

Ari - do you have a link or other info we can forward to our favorite manufacturers so that they are aware of what is required?

Aloha, Tim

Hi Tim,

I don't know yet but I'm trying to get that info for you. Thx...

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Some of these posts have been deleted either as troll or offtopic after deleting.
Please stay on topic or go play somewhere else
Thank you.

Hey Tim and anyone else:

Here is the NEDU NAVSEA website for ANU's (Authorization for Navy Use) info. This is where the rebreathers will start the testing. I couldn't find the NAVSEA info for where & when they want the rebreathers (I think deadline is June 15). If the Mfg's dont know, they can call NAVSEA & find out the details.

SEA 00C3 ANU List

Thx for passing it on Tim, are you willing to post here which manufacturers you passed this on to?

Thanks for the info and link.

I passed it along to the guys who are currently building my unit Open Safety Equipment not sure if fits with their objectives or not, but figured it wouldn't hurt to pass the info along. (though they were probably already aware of it I'd guess)

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom