DiveGearExpress.com has removed third-party analytics data gathering and tracking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@DiveGearExpress Been a big fan of you guys for a while, this just takes everything to a new level. If I can't get what I need locally, you guys are my only option from now on.

@DiveGearExpress Been a big fan of you guys for a while, this just takes everything to a new level. If I can't get what I need locally, you guys are my only option from now on.
DGX is my only source for "tec" gear , sadly I don't spend near enough with them though.....

@CuzzA , did you catch this?
Thanks for the tag. This is how we regain our privacy in the USA.

DGX is simply one of the most solid companies in the dive industry and always gets first crack at my business. And not because of a Google ad served up thanks to a tracker, but because it's a company I trust and no ads are necessary. We know the url. :)

Ironically it's the other way around... we couldn't pay other websites to use what is called our theme.

Our website design has consistently been dismissed by the design experts for years... we've hired many 'experts' to review our website... we don't pay much attention to their complaints any more: no lifestyle photography, no "trust" or merit badges, no banners, no re-marketing, no abandoned cart emails, no "value proposition" graphics promoting free stuff or value adds, indeed almost no graphics of any kind, too organized thus not encouraging visitor to linger and surf around in the site, no contests, no coupons, no loyalty programs, no 'signup' blocks for news letters, no 'blogs', no payment acceptance icons, no keyword stuffing, almost no optimization for search engines, lack of color, no popups, no automated suggestions, too easy to empty the cart, too much non-marketing information, too much information about the product, too few SKU's, our policies are too transparent, too generous a return policy, no 'event' or holiday sales, no promotion about best/lowest prices and discounts, and on and on... with the removal of the third party analytics... the e-commerce experts would probably say we have sunk to a 'new low'. I recall some time ago that one guy said our site is an excellent example of 'what NOT to do'.

We think visitors aren't really looking for a 'shopping experience', they just need good dive gear at a good price to support their diving or to solve a problem: find it fast, drop it in the cart and checkout with the absolute minimum of noise and distraction.

I'd proffer that if there's a DGX shopping experience to be described, it's a focused one.

All the above deleted services and features are why I was happy to pay for DHL Express shipping while I lived in Saudi Arabia. I had the utmost confidence I was getting vetted gear and the absence of emotion-focused marketing techniques was refreshing. Perhaps the site austerity is, in fact, the marketing method for serious divers.

For me, DGX has two additional attractions that set it apart from other vendors. One is the educational TekTips along with the reference notes and informative tables and the second is the responsiveness and accuracy of the DGX employees in the webpage's chat feature.

Again, job well done to the DGX business team.

Plus, DGX’s website shows current inventory status of individual items. Others don’t have that.

AND, their website plays well with mobile devices. Other websites don’t.

That current inventory status is making me cry, I want new tank valves!

Good job DGX on entering the matrix and good luck with any updates :banghead:

Thanks for the tag. This is how we regain our privacy in the USA.

DGX is simply one of the most solid companies in the dive industry and always gets first crack at my business. And not because of a Google ad served up thanks to a tracker, but because it's a company I trust and no ads are necessary. We know the url. :)
Yes, but you missed the part about how much money it cost Mark to get rid of the tags and trackers. Sure, Mark is a stand up guy and DGX is a solid company that deserves our business, but I can’t shift my business to DGX, they already had it. So removing tags and trackers didn’t gain him this customer, he already had what little scuba business I do.

My point is that it is expensive for a company to do that. A message board that generates little revenue peanut stand a chance.

Yes, but you missed the part about how much money it cost Mark to get rid of the tags and trackers. Sure, Mark is a stand up guy and DGX is a solid company that deserves our business, but I can’t shift my business to DGX, they already had it. So removing tags and trackers didn’t gain him this customer, he already had what little scuba business I do.

My point is that it is expensive for a company to do that. A message board that generates little revenue peanut stand a chance.
Yes, but you missed my point in my thread about ScubaBoard. The site crashes every single time I visit it due to Google not playing well with SB and a browser that blocks trackers. This results in me feeling less inclined to visit. Not good when we are the product ScubaBoard is selling.

Also, tracking users and search engine crawlers should be unrelated.

I didn't understand much of this (and such detail!) but I applaud any effort to improve online privacy.

I have always liked the DGX website for it's "serious" look and feel, not just ease of use.

We think visitors aren't really looking for a 'shopping experience', they just need good dive gear at a good price to support their diving or to solve a problem: find it fast, drop it in the cart and checkout with the absolute minimum of noise and distraction.
Your website is just fine. But you didn't quite hit the nail on the head. Yes, it is easy shopping experience, great prices, and no nonsense.

The part you missed was your excellent customer service.

Back
Top Bottom