butterfly house brief shore dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KRL1973

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Excellent weather and very good conditions today.

knee high waves at entry, with occasional waist high. Entry was easy. Harbor seal buzzed me as I was snorkeling out turning its' head to make eye contact with me:D -great start to the dive

Shallows to 30fsw had a milky ~25ft. vis, some spots better than others. signifigant surge.

30fsw to 65fsw viz more like 30-35ft, reduced surge but still enough to affect photography.

Fish were numerous despite the spearfisherman cycling through the area all day. Couple big Lings, a cabezon, and a really dense school of 12-14" blue rockfish at the farthest point from shore for my dive, must have been 100+ and good sized too. Was at 65ft near the bottom, looked up and there they were perhaps 20ft off the bottom.

Saw my 1st treefish hanging out in a crack. It was around 14" long, bigger than I think typical for them. It was a very cooperative film subject :wink: Saw and filmed some neat nudibranchs too. Lot's of really small patches of hydrocoral too out at 65'.

Nice couple of dives. Wind and waves seemed to be picking up as I was leaving. Hope it will still be good for folks planning for tomorrow. If I were going out tomorrow I'd likely stick to Monterey sites

When I get around to editing my footage will post a link.

cheers
-Ken L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom