Bullied under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I belive the old saying is never argue with a idiot they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience
It is, but I like his father's approach better.

The last few posts understand. Having a wife and three kids I've learned to pick my battles.:banghead:

Adopting the stance that one has to confront every person who acts inappropriately ties your behavior to them. You become led by inappropriate people.
I have learned a thing called playing the tape to the end. When I'm in a situation wondering what to do I play the tape to the end. Then I consider what will happen if I do something else. Then I choose which end I prefer.

I like football. Life's like football. You can be a blocker or you can go for the touchdown. If you spend your time tying someone else up you aren't able to catch the ball yourself. We all choose which role we want to adopt.

I'm very late to this discussion, but I was waiting for someone to state the obvious solution. There was a Captain on board who would have been continually terrified that a diver would die or get seriously hurt on his or her watch. This behavior, "he came up beside me and yanked my side/arm and swam as fast as he could in the opposite direction."​, could have easily resulted in the OP having an air embolism. The OP should have had a discussion with the Captain about this jerk's behavior. In over 20 years of diving, I've only ratted another diver out to the Captain twice, so I'm not advocating running to mommy/daddy every time another diver is mean to you. However, a situation this serious needs to be brought to the Captain's attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom