Broken Inflator hose connection on a BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"There isn't a safe fix for that failure. It needs replaced."
What is wrong with that?
Fix is for fixing the broken part.
Replaced is to replace the broken part. Did not specify to replace the whole BC.
Your 3D printing method is also to replace the broken part.
Sorry, I understood that he meant to replace the BCD.

I had one that the nut was bonded to the bladder ,, it was going to be tough to replace,,, because the hole was huge.

Sorry, I understood that he meant to replace the BCD.
I did. That isn't a replaceable screw down flange, it is bonded to the bladder itself. The flange has torn free from the rest of the bladder. They do not sell the bladder separately from the BC. The entire unit should be replaced.

I did. That isn't a replaceable screw down flange, it is bonded to the bladder itself. The flange has torn free from the rest of the bladder. They do not sell the bladder separately from the BC. The entire unit should be replaced.
They would have to at least buy a new bladder assembly.

The pics posted by the OP seem not to be the corresponding to the Zeagle Zena BCD. Besides the first pics seems to be the one in the back, not the inflator flange.

The pics posted by the OP seem not to be the corresponding to the Zeagle Zena BCD. Besides the first pics seems to be the one in the back, not the inflator flange.
emoreira, The BCD is a Zeagle Zena, not sure of the exact age, The inflator hose attaches behind the left shoulder and the fitting that is glued on the inside of the bladder has broken. I am not mistaken on what is broken or the brand name. The white part is what's installed in the hole in the material and you can see that it is broken.

I've seen a similar failure (not sure the same BCD though) in the DIY forum. Pretty sure there was a creative and safe means for repair. You might check there and see, or link this thread there.

Consensus seems it won't be a "standard" fix.

They would have to at least buy a new bladder assembly.
If they sell it separately, that is news to me. Good news for the poster, but last time I attempted to buy a zeagle bladder, it wasn't an available item.

Just buy this connector (three parts on the right side)
1656415892059.png

Oxycheq Elbow OPV Dump Base - it is

may be it will require to change fat-hose connector to another, like

And about the hole from your`s picture of Zena - you can just glue it with a suitable cloth and then cut a hole in it for a new adapter. :)

btw:
there is special keys to install this adaptor in to camera, like BCD Valve Tool Zeepro - zeeprosub but it is possible to use suitable pillers and hands with some luck

Back
Top Bottom