Broken Inflator hose connection on a BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Noticed after our first dive in Roatan last week that my wife’s inflator hose was breaking off where it connects to the BCD. The plastic broke at the threads. I have done some searchs without any luck on a repair for this, but most answers are vague or older. Any idea’s anyone?
Zeagle Zena BCD.
Thanks

Can you post a pic? Based on your description it sounds like the rear exhaust valve broke. Maybe something like this. Zeagle Rear Exhaust Valve

Just make sure you find the right size. There is a pre-2014 and a post-2014.

No it’s where the power inflator connects, above the right shoulder. The white plastic threaded part broke.

Attachments

• 725BEC69-54ED-4404-88AE-BCD95B91AB27.jpeg
    725BEC69-54ED-4404-88AE-BCD95B91AB27.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 83F5DFA3-0703-49EA-BE11-3E44A7B00B9E.jpeg
    83F5DFA3-0703-49EA-BE11-3E44A7B00B9E.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 135

The size of the opening is critical 1.75". Flange assembly and the elbow(total of $19.00).
Read the text because it won't fit every BC.
Good luck.

Even I can see there’s no fix for that.

If that had a replaceable bladder it could be fixed. I don't see that.

What you have there is called landfill material. Packrat away any useful looking clips, buckles, etc. and toss it. Maybe a local dive shop will give you a token trade in value and all they will do is toss it in the trash after you walk out the door.

Contact Zeagle and see if it is covered by their Limited Lifetime Warranty (as long as you are the original purchaser). Probably your best bet.

There are several alternatives. Scuba Fix (www.scuba-fix.com) is one of them, though they are in Thailand and the part is extremely expensive.
Another alternative is a 3D printed flange. Much similar to the Scuba-Fix solution, but 3D printed. There are several people printing already and can be printed to fix that particular BCD.
Both solutions are much similar to the original 2 parts DGX flange usually installed in several tech bladders or the ScubaPro 2 parts flanges.
I do not agree with the statement :
There isn't a safe fix for that failure. It needs replaced.
I've 3D printed BCD flanges that has now more than 3 years working without any issue, also for dive schools where students are too cruel with dive gear.
I've heard too many times already that 3d Printed parts are not up to the task, It seems that original threads are also not up to the task, as this is a very frequent BCD fault, even with BCDs that have few years.
If the 3D printed part is correctly printed with the correct filament, the flange works and the BCD will survive.
Of course a new BCD will be much better, but also to a higher cost than a repair. Manufacturers will be glad, not you.

There are several alternatives. Scuba Fix (www.scuba-fix.com) is one of them, though they are in Thailand and the part is extremely expensive.
Another alternative is a 3D printed flange. Much similar to the Scuba-Fix solution, but 3D printed. There are several people printing already and can be printed to fix that particular BCD.
Both solutions are much similar to the original 2 parts DGX flange usually installed in several tech bladders or the ScubaPro 2 parts flanges.
I do not agree with the statement :

I've 3D printed BCD flanges that has now more than 3 years working without any issue, also for dive schools where students are too cruel with dive gear.
I've heard too many times already that 3d Printed parts are not up to the task, It seems that original threads are also not up to the task, as this is a very frequent BCD fault, even with BCDs that have few years.
If the 3D printed part is correctly printed with the correct filament, the flange works and the BCD will survive.
Of course a new BCD will be much better, but also to a higher cost than a repair. Manufacturers will be glad, not you.
"There isn't a safe fix for that failure. It needs replaced."
What is wrong with that?
"Fix" is for fixing the broken part.
"Replaced" is to replace the broken part. Did not specify to replace the whole BC.
Your 3D printing method is also to replace the broken part.

Back
Top Bottom