British nurse lost on dive - Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were there on the 21st Nov. (i think a day later). The picture below is from our briefing that day.
Did 2 beautiful dives (with low to low-moderate current).
However, we explicitly warned that under no circumstance should we cross the corals (at -7.5m) on the left (east) side, otherwise there is the increased likelihood of being swept away.
IMG_4317.JPG

We were there on the 21st Nov. (i think a day later).
It may not matter in this discussion, but she went missing around 2pm on Friday, the 19th.

Yes, if she hasn't been found, it's been far too long. It does make sense for analysis on what could have gone wrong and input on the site and currents is appropriate.

Was she on a live aboard? Is so, do we know which one?
Shore based? If so, which one?

I cannot find any information other that what was linked on day one.

TIA

Looked all over on line and can't find anything new on the search.

So, any news on the lost diver or just more talk about PLBs?
After three days it was hopeless, and searches are generally scaled back. There is not likely to be any searching at all after a week.
Looked all over on line and can't find anything new on the search.
Not likely to ever see anything unless the body floats onto a beach, and then it's a news maybe.

The original article, post #1, states she was out with a qualified guide.
The boat she was on is called whirlwind. 22 divers on board. 17 went on the dive. 16 were recovered in various groups of between 8 and 1. Louise was never found. We were on the boat next to them, diving Jackson and Gordon reefs. It was full moon too so higher tides and currents. The info we got was that they went unguided and without local knowledge. We were on a 7 day live aboard with great guides who gave excellent direction and cancelled a dive due to conditions.
I had dived the same reef the week before on a day dive boat and there were strong currents, one of our group of 5 was lost from the group, but surfaced and was picked up at the reef. Our 3rd dive was cancelled on that day.
The news reports said a massive search was launched, but we saw none of that. We left the reef the following day and there was still little evidence of a search. Only whirlwind and it’s zodiacs did any real searching.
Safety first always. Have local knowledge. Don’t dive beyond your ability. Dont take unnecessary risks.

Condolences to the family and friends. Thanks to many of you especially Don and Dan I decided to get an ACR view PLB, and customdivers case. It fits perfectly into a HOG utility pocket to be worn on the waist belt of a BPW.

Attachments

• 0C9E98C4-A68F-4CDF-8F7D-5D1A0C6629A7.jpeg
    0C9E98C4-A68F-4CDF-8F7D-5D1A0C6629A7.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 110

Back
Top Bottom