Bring weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course, Now that I think back. I did see someone bring a pony from home. At home, I allways use a pony below 60 feet. But at home vis is never more than 30 feet on the best days. Still plan on leaving my 30 pony at home too.

element:
Err Hey G , What’s a troll? Just curious.

Trolling is the practice of posting on a BBS (bulletin board service; scubaboard is a BBS, albeit a moderated one) with the sole and specific intent of stirring up controversy. Scubaboard is relatively free of trolls, but trolling is prolific out on free range Usenet.

ggunn:
What could happen to you because of defective or badly maintained weights? I'm pretty safety-conscious, but carrying my own weights out of safety concerns is a bit much. Ditto for a tank.

Where would I get it filled between dives?
Duh! From the compressor you air-freighted to Coz because you didn't trust theirs!

No I am not trolling but that is something I would do. I do not know if you are familiar with the ranger BC. But when you pull the "rip cord" the soft weights need to drop out. If you have lead weights they could lodge them selves in the weight pocket. I know its a long shot but I leave as little to chance as possible.

As for not bringing your pony bottle because the vis is good... uh I do not understand that. If your under 60 feet and you run out of air why does it matter if vis is good? I only have around 100 dives but I bring my spare air with me every where. The biggest reason is because I dive with buddies I do not know. I travel with a non diver.

JonasDolkart:
As for not bringing your pony bottle because the vis is good... uh I do not understand that.

Who said that? When you said "I have considered bringing my own tank", I assumed you meant your primary air supply.

Back
Top Bottom