Bring weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive ops in Cozumel do not, however, provide wine as a standard part of the service. Just thought you'd like to know... ;^)

Do they at least point you to the nearest place to get a beer after the boat docks?

I do not like the lead weights, so I always pack my own. Have never had a problem with secuity or packing them in my luggage, but always tell them up front that it is dive gear. Of course I carry on my reg and computer.

but what would I do for a dive buddy? LOL, just kidding. Leave the weights at home. Theres enough to lug around already. I've got a scubapro knighthawk weight integrated bc and even the standard lead weights fit fine.

I dove with them I am pretty good on my air so when the first guy ran out they released a line to the surface and the guy went up the line. I dive with a ranger also. I bring my own weight every where. Its stupid but I am really conservative and if

Hey I got cut off.

I had lead weights I would be concern that if I needed to dump them What if they got stuck. Just carry them on with you in your carry on. Gets kind of heavy but dont be a wimp. I have considered bringing my own tank. I do not like to rely on anything except my own. Mountain climbers do not let their gear out of their sight because there lives depend on it. I think we should take note.

funkyspelunker:
leave the dead weight at home!!!!

I'm doing that already, wife is staying at home, going to Coz with a buddy.

She doesn't read this board, I'm fine.

Mel

JonasDolkart:
Hey I got cut off.

I had lead weights I would be concern that if I needed to dump them What if they got stuck. Just carry them on with you in your carry on. Gets kind of heavy but dont be a wimp. I have considered bringing my own tank. I do not like to rely on anything except my own. Mountain climbers do not let their gear out of their sight because there lives depend on it. I think we should take note.

What could happen to you because of defective or badly maintained weights? I'm pretty safety-conscious, but carrying my own weights out of safety concerns is a bit much. Ditto for a tank. Where would I get it filled between dives? YMMV, of course. Wait a minute... did you just troll me?

Err Hey G , What’s a troll? Just curious.

To the thread
As for weight I recommend bring your own weight belt. The dive shops will supply the solid weight. Never had a weight failure before:) . But if your really want to carry the weight from home go ahead. Taking your own tanks to Coz would require your to remove the valve and now that brings in the issue of getting moister inside the tank and before I'd fill it require a vis inspection before filling and when you get home.. Your call, but I am leaving my HP 120's at home. Damn they are heavy, but I love them all the same.

Back
Top Bottom