Renting doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mje113

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I know that Aldora is known for having steel cylinders of a variety of sizes, but does anyone happen to know if they (or anyone else) rents doubles with manifolds? I'm doing doubles training on the mainland then finishing with some rec dives on Cozumel. I could bring my singles wing but I'd love to not have to budget space/weight for it.

I have never used Deep Exposure, but I did stop by and chat with them pre-pandemic. They seemed to have it together, mixed their own gas, and catered to technical diving. At the time, I was thinking I would consolidate my love for diving in Cozumel with technical diving. But my son is recreational only, and a trip with Deep Exposure was a good bit more expensive than the typical Cozumel boutique diving. And so I have never used them.

Hopefully someone else with first hand experience will respond shortly.

If you reach out to Aldora ahead of time they can usually get AL80 manifolded doubles from Meridiano 87 (One of the island's main central fill stations). The key here is you'll want to email/call them to arrange this ahead of time so they can plan for it.

At one point Aldora did also have a couple sets of manifolded AL80 doubles in their own inventory so that still may be the case. I have seen a group of Aldora customers using doubles and I have personally done the same myself in the past.

Deep Exposure will not rent tanks or gear to you unless you're diving with their operation. There is nothing wrong with their operation but I just prefer other dive operators. That is all I will say here.

I would check with Deep Exposure. If any dive operators offered doubles probably would be them. i would doubt they would rent tanks as well. We have had the opportunity to dive with them quite a few times since August. Geat dive guides, nice boats. They offer great tech diving options. We have been very happy diving with them.

I chartered deep exposures boat for some friends and myself and they brought 6 sets of doubles no issues

Aldora guides dive BPW and have some pretty deep dives… I’d call them and ask a week or two out

Meridiano (one of the tank fill stations) has Aluminum 80 double sets, virtually any shop can request those tanks - ask the shop you intend to dive with ahead of time.

I understand the idea of learning a new setup and the wanting to keep on diving it while on vacation but a singles wing isn't that big - these boats are all setup for single tank diving and it's a swim upriver as to tank storage on the boat......

Unless you're a known person, sometimes doing the unordinary becomes a hassle unless diving with an operation that does it within their business plan, ie Deep Exposure.

I understand the idea of learning a new setup and the wanting to keep on diving it while on vacation but a singles wing isn't that big - these boats are all setup for single tank diving and it's a swim upriver as to tank storage on the boat......

Unless you're a known person, sometimes doing the unordinary becomes a hassle unless diving with an operation that does it within their business plan, ie Deep Exposure.
Ah, good advice. I'll probably be happy with a single steel 120.

You'll enjoy returning to the simple pleasures of a single tank after the Doubles primer course.

Back
Top Bottom