Breaking News From Florida West Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joystershell

Social Butterfly
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Divers!

Just a quick note to let you know that Saturday January 24th at 9PM EST on the "Kirsten Gum - Treasure Hunter" show they will be featuring our dive boat while they hunt for the giant megalodon teeth. Our divemaster Marie got to dive with Kirsten while Wes Skiles did the underwater video work with help from our manager Ken Davis. (Ken held the lights!) Kirsten found a pretty good tooth so be sure and watch the show. It will be broadcast on the Travel Channel as part of an ungoing series staring Ms. Gum. She was a great lady and we admired her bravery and dive skill. Hope you enjoy the episode!

Capt. Steve

Florida West Scuba School

941-486-1400

Thanks for letting me know. I don't get the travel channel but I have a friend that does. I'll have him record it for me. It'll be cool to see that one week after having been there myself.

Great timming. I plan on diving with you the first week in Feb. Has anyone taken a uw metal detector in this area?

From the Travel Channels website:

Treasure Hunter: Kirsten Gum
Bones and Relics
TV-PG

Kirsten dives off the shark-infested coast of Florida in search of fossilized sharks' teeth and then braves the hot, sticky swampland of South Carolina to recover relics from the time when plantations were a way of life.

Got this set to record. Can't wait to see it!

DVR is all set!!!!!

Enjoyed the show. Of course, a lot of Hollywood drama with the " man-eating " snakes & lizards, but that's what sells. I also do metal detecting & am originally from S.C., so that was interesting as well.
Thanks for the post !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom