Megalodon Charters in Venice Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the kind words from you boys from Nova Scotia. You three were "hard core" and we enjoyed having you. Come on down in the summer and you will get even more teeth!

..........the Adventure Continues!

Hey Krawdady, here are a cuople of pics of the teeth I found on our trip to Venice. The largest is 4.5 ins measured on the slant. This one is a complete tooth, the others all have broke pieces but the one on the left has good color and some of the serations still intact. Our next dive trip to FL will likely be in the spring of next year, I would like to find out when to avoid the madness of spring break (I'm not 20 anymore). We are looking at the Keys somewere and I would like to take my Zodiac again. But first we have to find out if it's going to be worth while. Every one we talked to said that we have to go out 10 miles or more to find wrecks. This would be a streach for a Zod. We talked to a shop owner in Mertal Beach and he said they go 10 -50 miles out... That's madness. We don't really care for tourist wrecks that much but rather like to pick the bones of a few scatered ribs for an old wreck. If it doesn't look like we will be able to get on anything like that then may be we will just jump on some charters and see the pretty fish, that is unless some down in FL that has a boat and want's to dive with some mad Canadians comes forward. Any way I will keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG00116.jpg
    IMG00116.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG00117.jpg
    IMG00117.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 106
Steve, I don't think you have seen the last of us. I am sure some of our other buddies that missed this trip would like to get some teeth as well.

ZDD

Typically, we see water near 70 degrees in early April but this year is anybody's guess. Divers often come to the Gulf of Mexico in the spring unprepared - 3 mil suits, shorties, etc. If you are shark tooth diving, the dives tend to be long and you will be very happy if you bring your 5 mil, 7 mil, or even drysuit. Then just to confuse things, in August, the water will be near 90! We have a super wide range of diving temps. Hope this helps.

.......the Adventure Continues

Have you been able to get out in the past weeks? Temps and vis?
See you topside! John

John,
The temp is currently 67 degrees, and there is no vis. Please check out the weather link on our website (megalodoncharters.com). There is a weather tab on the left side of our home page. If you click on it, it will take you directly to the relevant page from weatherunderground.com

A few days of good weather, and it will clear up and heat up. We are looking forward to getting out there.

Sincerely,
Amelia Jones
Megalodon Charters
941-483-DIVE (3483)
dive@megalodoncharters
megalodoncharters.com

are the conditions looking any better?

Back
Top Bottom