Brand new HOG regulator free flowing, not getting much support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a newlywed, let me just say this: Don't get married if you're not already :D

Ah yes the things you learn after the fact, just recently married, all those standup comics are right, and it's not funny.

Yeah, the factory made a bunch of orifaces with a hex.5mm too small for use with the Scubatools adjuster. We have a standing offer to replace those orifaces if somebody wants one they can use with the scuatools inline adjuster. Very few have taken us up on it.
You guys are all morons. The dual adjustment fitting was the reason I bought the Scubatools one in the first place. It was written right in the catalog (remember the old days with catalogs?)

But Chris, wasn't there an issue with one of the second stages being made with the wrong size hex that wouldn't fit the tool?

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tug
Cripes. Now I have to go read the instructions, because I've never known that the blade can be switched for a hex. I usually adjust the hex by taking it apart, adjusting it, putting it back together, etc,. etc. Way to make me look stupid, Chris.

I still have the instructions, BTW.

It comes with instructions?!?!?!?

Fortunately, I figured out pretty quickly that you could swap it around but I have no idea where my instructions are...or if it even came with instructions!

You guys are all morons. The dual adjustment fitting was the reason I bought the Scubatools one in the first place. It was written right in the catalog (remember the old days with catalogs?)

But Chris, wasn't there an issue with one of the second stages being made with the wrong size hex that wouldn't fit the tool?

You don't even need a catalog, their webpage explains it pretty well. BTW, I ordered from them maybe a year or so ago and I received a catalog with the order. Also other brands also can be reversed, for example this one from DGX.

I read the description....NOT the instructions.....so I get to keep my ManCard. The one from DGX ams linked to says this:
This model has both a stainless steel flat screwdriver like adjusting tip, which fits most slotted regulator orifices and also a 5mm hex key adjusting tip (just reverse the tool.

Wow, didn't even know DGX sold one. Good price too.

Wow, didn't even know DGX sold one. Good price too.

I bought the one from DGX when I took my service class last year. For some reason neither the instructor or myself could get it to fit my classic second stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tug

Back
Top Bottom