Brand new HOG regulator free flowing, not getting much support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, you now made me a liar (said I was done with this thread) But your comment is off topic...

How much you wanna bet? The Scubatools inline adjuster does both slotted and hex. It has for at least 15 years.

It also comes with instructions...

Who reads the instructions?

Who reads the instructions?

I did after about 5 years of using one with the blade side only a friend told me it came with a hex side as well... So I tried using the hex without moving the position of the knob...instead of calling my buddy i read the instructions so I didn't look like a moron twice in a row.

I've had mine for going on 8 years now and figured out the first time I used it that I could use both sides. It came with the adapter threaded on to the blade side. My regs at that time had blade orifices. Of course I also knew this because it said so in the catalog when I ordered it.

Cripes. Now I have to go read the instructions, because I've never known that the blade can be switched for a hex. I usually adjust the hex by taking it apart, adjusting it, putting it back together, etc,. etc. Way to make me look stupid, Chris.

I still have the instructions, BTW.

Chris, I believe you....my mind is just blown. I had no idea it had a hex side. I've done the same thing Wookie's been doing: breathe, remove, adjust, reinstall, breathe, and repeat. To be fair, I've been doing the same thing with the blade-style orifices with a flathead since I don't have the tool anymore :D.

I'm laughing my arse off right now because I really did have no clue either. If anybody thinks I learned from that you'd be mistaken, I still only read directions after I try and fail...last weekend I put together a aquarium for my daughter...then took it apart to put together again correctly, my wife walked in as I stood there instructions in hand and water all over the floor and asked "why can't you just read them BEFORE you put stuff together!!??" hehe

Chris, I believe you....my mind is just blown. I had no idea it had a hex side. I've done the same thing Wookie's been doing: breathe, remove, adjust, reinstall, breathe, and repeat. To be fair, I've been doing the same thing with the blade-style orifices with a flathead since I don't have the tool anymore :D.

---------- Post added March 7th, 2014 at 07:15 PM ----------

I've had mine for going on 8 years now and figured out the first time I used it that I could use both sides. It came with the adapter threaded on to the blade side. My regs at that time had blade orifices. Of course I also knew this because it said so in the catalog when I ordered it.

You sir, are a professional with tools, I am in the dive industry...do I have to explain any further?

You guys are all morons. The dual adjustment fitting was the reason I bought the Scubatools one in the first place. It was written right in the catalog (remember the old days with catalogs?)

But Chris, wasn't there an issue with one of the second stages being made with the wrong size hex that wouldn't fit the tool?

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom