Brand new HOG regulator free flowing, not getting much support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, the factory made a bunch of orifaces with a hex.5mm too small for use with the Scubatools adjuster. We have a standing offer to replace those orifaces if somebody wants one they can use with the scuatools inline adjuster. Very few have taken us up on it.

Thanks for the information. When it comes time to service the reg again, I'll give you guys a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realize this thread had become so popular. I've been busy with things outside of diving lately so just catching up now. Unfortunately I had to take to the internet to try and get help. Originally I had emailed HOG and cerich replied himself. I thought it was super cool of him. I had emailed the internet store I bought it from separately because, well, I didn't know who to go to for help at first. Cerich told me hog 2nd stages are sold this way, tuned to free flow I guess. I followed up with the seller who originally told me my regs were tuned; I bought a hog 1st and 2nd stage together on the same order but no hose. Anyway, cerich offered to tell me how to tune the 2nd stage if I had an IP gauge. I told him I didn't have an IP gauge and then I stopped hearing back. The seller then told me I bought the 1st and 2nd stages separately and they were not tuned. The seller did indeed offer to let me ship the regs back to them for tuning, but I dive too much for that to be worth while, and it would have been nice if they got the story straight in my case to begin with.

Thanks for all the posters on this thread telling me how to adjust the 2nd stage. I actually learned how to adjust them out in real life and now my regs breath fine, no free flowing. I like the product, I like HOG's philosophy on parts, but I'm just starting to leave recreational diving for some more advanced diving and learning more about how gear works. It may be a shocker to those of you that are familiar with regulators, but I had no idea you had to tune 2nd stages. Now I can do it myself.

It's nice of cerich to of also publicly offered for me to send the regs to them as well, but frankly, after not hearing back from him the manufacturer and what feels like brand protection instead of supporting a customer, and saying I am telling lies, no thanks.

The regs breath fine, I'm glad they work. I suppose people that want hog regs will just need to open them up and work on them themselves or notify internet sellers to adjust it before they're shipped. And I feel I had every right to be upset, I got ignore and got told the wrong information about how my regulators were tuned by the seller. And there were no instructions in my box, but to be honest I probably wouldn't have read them anyway.

You guys that are all hog dealers can chill, I'm sure people that read this thread will know that you'll tune them before you sell them.

Back
Top Bottom