BP/Wings Users -- Who has what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:embarrass Sorry LadyDiver, I consider my nuckles rapped and the site is now book marked. Incidently the only details correct on that page are the name and web site as they have now moved to Redhill.

And thanks for you help the other day - to echo many others if only our support from our work pc people was as quick and more importantly effective.

Jonathan

Thanks Ladydiver -

Regarding the Custom Diver stuff - I went and looked at the back place (since that's all I'm interested in)...
And I have to say that after counting the d-rings on the harness and wondering about the sleeve for the inflator hoses - I have but one question -

WHY???

Looks to me like some major strokes are trying to make a buck...
Oh well - life goes on, I go diving.

Big T

Used to have a Black Diamond, which is fine. Took the iantd courses to advanced nitrox. The instructor wisely insisted I use his halcyon. Then I just 'had' to take a step up and get the 36lb. wings with the halcyon pack. But I knew those plastic screws were...junk. Below standard of some otherwise great gear. You people hit the nail on the head in bringing out this tiny flaw! The suggestion to replace the screws with wire ties is great. I'l bet halcyon fixes that soon.

Hey Joe,

Yeah - that is a minor thing - one of my friends got soem nylon bolts and washers from the local hardware store - you know - less than a couple of bucks for all of it...

When I got my softpack I was handed a handful of tie wraps, never saw the snap on things - but I got directly from 5th Dimension as well... I guess they don't care for the snap things either... I have it tiewrapped on - works fine.

Big T

Hey just checked out the Custom Divers web site and I see they have a new wing which I guess is aimed at all you DIR guys out there - the TCW or Technical Cordless Wing.

Looks good but I have yet got nearly enough use out of my TDB to trade it in yet.

Jonathan

harness webbing- diverite
15 kg wing- diverite
SS backplate + single tank adaptor- KAG (locally machined in manila)

cheers!

I just got back from a dive trip and 'saw' stainless screws now being used instead of plastic for the lift bag pocket on Halcyon packs! Called Halcyon and they are mailing me replacement! They are the DIR people.:bounce: :thumb: :approve:

Originally posted by Joe R.
I just got back from a dive trip and 'saw' stainless screws now being used instead of plastic for the lift bag pocket on Halcyon packs! Called Halcyon and they are mailing me replacement! They are the DIR people.:bounce: :thumb: :approve:

The problem with the plastic bolts is that we all usually torque them down too tight and split the barrel nut...

Gotta make this stuff gorilla proof & thankfully Halcyon is taking that into consideration...

I still use the plastic (and a few of them are cracked) but the DIR people are sending me replacements as well...

Good folks. :D

Back
Top Bottom