BP/Wings Users -- Who has what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not a prophet
I don't believe in Profecy
I am very fullfilling
and sometime it is self fullfilling

Originally posted by Stephen Ash
O.K. Pug,
I tried it with the Halcyon 80# bag. I've got about 8 inches of bag hanging out and another 9 inches of strap to the clip. Looks like a lot.
Steve it sounds like you have the Big Dive Marker not the Lift Bag...
Unless the started putting the 9" strap on the bag too....

OK fold the part of the bag that hangs out over again and stuff it in there too... Just leaving the 9" strap hang out....

OR....

Leave it the way you have it and bring the 9" strap up between your legs and snap it to the scooter ring in front....

The dump and inflator don't seem to bother me but I do try to keep as much bag between them and my back as possible when I stuff it... so however that works out.

Get your pocket onto the plate and try the thing on and see if it works!

That's the way it goes sometimes, hey Steven :)? Believe me, I can relate. It took me years just to get a real bottom timer. I still don't have a set of Jets or Turtles either. My wish list never seems to get shorter :D.

Mike

Pug,

I think I got my liftbag folded and stuffed!

Check it out. http://members.cox.net/fear_no_fish/

SA
That would be one way to do it....
How it deploys will be the real test....
Especially if you have doubles sitting on top of it....
I fold mine differently because I found that the accordian fold....
Works better at deploying the bag at least for me....
Actually it is not a complete accordian fold...
Just one fold over the hand and....
Then stuffed into the pack....
Pulls out really easy....
Whatever works....

BTW.... the spool belongs in the right thigh pocket and not on the butt ring... that is where the reel will go.

Ok guys I have been reading a lot of different things on this board for the last few days, so I decided to sign up and ask a few questions. For starters where can I get some info on the Fred T backplates that everyone one seems to like? Currently I am using a 5# Abysmal, but would like a heavier plate to wear with my drysuit.

Pug,

Actually, when folded in the manner I describe, the bag deploys very easily...well, at least with a single Al 80. I can't say how it would do with doubles.
Steve....
Is that actually your site and pictures!!!
I thought you were just giving us a link... and a good one too...
I thanks for the other link as well...
But shoot the first one is great....
Cool to be able to do that web page stuff....
Took me hours to figure out how to even post a picture here....
And that was with Tech Admin's help!

Ohh... almost forgot to answer your question....
Yes my inflator is perpendicular to the long axis of the bag and I could see where yours might hang up if folded like mine...
I would give your fold a try but I don't think it would hang out enough since I don't have the leash....
Poppa needs a brand new bag :wink:

Mverick, can I come over to your house and play you have got all the neat toys !!

……….. Arduous …………

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom