BP/W - where to put the "stuff"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When diving with pockets an easy way to remember what stuff is where is use a simple rule. Left = working, right = emergency. So left would have everything you would normally need on a dive (spool(s), small smb, goPro camera, and wetnotes. Everything is attached to the bungee loops with bolt snaps. Right would be spare mask, backup large smb spool. reel if needed gets clipped off to the butt d-ring, Large SMB goes in the back plate pocket. Backup lights get clipped to the chest D-rings and secured with inner tube. knife on the belt and I'm not sure what else you would need. I'm not a fan of the BC attached pockets since that real-estate is normally taken up with the weight pockets (if single tank and needed) and they sit too high for me. YMMV.... Enjoy

I didn't read all 5 pages of this thread, but check out military pouches too. The newer military molle pouches come in a wide variety of sizes, and styles. If you wanting to carry specific things it will give you more of an option than just sticking to dive shops. Figured I would throw that out there.

Something I've heard of, but not seen and I've no experience, but how about using simple cargo shorts. I mean folks use Chuck Taylors as Rock Boots?

I didn't read all 5 pages of this thread, but check out military pouches too. The newer military molle pouches come in a wide variety of sizes, and styles. If you wanting to carry specific things it will give you more of an option than just sticking to dive shops. Figured I would throw that out there.

Not sure how they would cope with frequent immersion in salt water... especially the 'pop' buttons?

Something I've heard of, but not seen and I've no experience, but how about using simple cargo shorts. I mean folks use Chuck Taylors as Rock Boots?

You'd also need a belt because of the wetsuit compression :wink:

So that'd be 3 buckles to mess with. Yay!

Lol Guys. I was just throwing it out there. I have glued pockets on all my wetsuits (I have it down) as well as a pair of split shorts.

Not sure how they would cope with frequent immersion in salt water... especially the 'pop' buttons?

There is a wide variety, but some have plastic clip snaps, or zippers. Also, many are made similar to the material used for BCs. As long as you wash them off with the rest of your gear they should work.
Here is a quick example I found of what I'm referring too TRU-SPEC MOLLE 100 Round Saw Pouch

There is a wide variety, but some have plastic clip snaps, or zippers. Also, many are made similar to the material used for BCs. As long as you wash them off with the rest of your gear they should work.
Here is a quick example I found of what I'm referring too TRU-SPEC MOLLE 100 Round Saw Pouch

I actually used that very same pouch in Iraq when I was a SAW gunner. LOL Never thought of using that stuff for dive gear. I have more pouches around than a herd of kangaroos.

I actually used that very same pouch in Iraq when I was a SAW gunner. LOL Never thought of using that stuff for dive gear. I have more pouches around than a herd of kangaroos.

Same with me, I ended up being able to keep a few ACU pouches when I got back from Iraq. Plus when I ETS'ed they let me keep a bunch of old woodland camo pouches. I was looking at the Halcyon Infinity BC and how you can remove the pockets on the front and change them up with whatever military pouch you need for shape and size. For those that are really into technical stuff and feel they need to carry even more, molle thigh pouches are even an option MOLLE Drop Leg Platform although you can get them cheaper than this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom