BP/W - where to put the "stuff"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have added one of Tobin's butt plates to all of my class and personal kits. It goes on the crotch strap and makes it easy to carry ANYTHING you might need.

40011_IMAGE_LARGE.jpg

Tobin's Butt Plate

how do they work with 1-1/2" webbing? I see no reason for a 2" crotch strap when I use it only for rig stability....

I use 2" webbing because of this alone. Tobin even sells extra soft crotch straps for those "tender" individuals. I have bought a half dozen of them with the Butt Plate to completely configure the ETs I have my students use during class.

I might add, that this location keeps anything I have clipped to them out of the way while I dive. I often dive in just a t-shirt and bathing suit, so pockets are not a choice. "At a minimum", I clip off scissors, two spools and an smb. I often add a deco bottle, additional lights, spools and hunting equipment.

I have an SMB and reel on a shoulder strap.

I have a backup light on a shoulder strap held down with tubing.

I have a light on my wrist.

If I carry a zip cutter or knife its on the waist strap.

My camera is attached to a dring if I carry it.

I stopped carrying a backup mask. If I loose my mask I am going to the surface. Never have yet...

I like Pete's/Tobin's crotch bracket. Cool idea.

That's about it but there is room on my drings for wet-notes or whatever.

We don't need no stinkin pockets!

If your doing Tech diving then you need pockets. I am not a Tech diver, I just play one on TV!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom