Boycott Starbucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a nice story of Capitalism :D

They essentially trained her and provided her and her daughter with health insurance while she saved enough to start her own business to compete with them. Now she sells her chai regionally.

That is a nice story of Capitalism :D

The illustrated version - (from a biased point of view?)

ethiopiastarbucks.jpg

Easy guys. I'm not anti-Starbucks. I'm just relating the Bay Area vibe. Only problem I have with SB is that the service is REALLY slow, but that's more a local workforce thing (Japan is quite efficient...and smaller <just kidding...RELAX). Anyway. Answer me this.
If Starbucks isn't evil, why was it Dr. Evil's hideout in the second Austin Powers movie? Hmmm!?
Yes, lattes, frappacinos, etc. were few and far between before the rise of the evil empire, and it certainly raised the bar but their RISE to power was pretty cut throat. Yes, that's free market and capitalism and whatever, but I never complained about that. BP's actions fit the same mold. All I'm saying, is that we'd still be sitting down to Farmer Bros. industrial coffee and stale apple pie if there had been an old priest (played by Max VonSydow) and a young priest around when they started in California.

If Starbucks isn't evil, why was it Dr. Evil's hideout in the second Austin Powers movie? Hmmm!?

:rofl3: Forgot about that, good one.

Sorry if I came off strident but I like Starbucks and don't feel like I should be embarrassed by that. I like the bay area a lot too, though, and would give up coffee altogether to live out that way.

Oh...I'm sorry too. I love you man....<HUG HUG HUG>.
I'm in my cups tonight (not Starbucks though, night here now). Just typing S***. I enjoy it too.

LOL you guys are cracking me up with the evil comparisons. It does make ya go hmmm though on the Dr. Evil hideout

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom