Boycott Starbucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think about it this way...........

The interviewer assumes that the potential employee is going to be the best they can be in the interview because they are trying to sell themselves. Does that mean that the wife would be consistantly late (but by more than 5 minutes) if she got the job?

They rose by shutting down every mom and pop cafe around ten years ago and we all knew they were evil. They are a business, though, and can be expected to act like one. Of course WE all know that the OP is honest as is his wife, but even if the interviewer listened to the wife's excuse how would THEY know if it were true or not? From what I hear of the economy back home I bet the job was filled before the wife even made it home from the interview. Boycott? I suppose that's a personal choice.
To the OP. Aren't you subject to enough violence where you're at without having to threaten to commit violence on someone you miscontrue to have insulted you on the internet?

A friend of mine from Seattle recommended that I should buy Starbucks stock in the early 90's. I thought a chain of coffee shops selling really expensive cups of coffee was a pretty dumb idea. What do I know

A friend of mine from Seattle recommended that I should buy Starbucks stock in the early 90's. I thought a chain of coffee shops selling really expensive cups of coffee was a pretty dumb idea. What do I know
We could have been dumber and invested in bottled water.

A common adage is that if you are on time for your job interview, you are already 10 minutes late. As for the claim by one of the more reactionary members of this illustrious message board that only "liberals" will defend Starbucks, I think that defending large corporations is more the purview of conservatives e.g. Senator Barton apologizing to Tony Hayward of BP.

I pray for the safe return of the OP, and all of our troops, from Afghanistan and Iraq and where ever they are stationed.

We could have been dumber and invested in bottled water.

Ha! Then where would we be now? (Visions of Forest Gump & Apple).

My wife was refused an interview at Starbucks today for being 5 minutes late. The reason she was late was because she stopped on her way to the interview to take a call from me. I'm in Afghanistan. When she arrived to Starbucks the manager absolutely refused to see her and didn't give her the opportunity to explain the situation. Starbucks is a company notorious for supporting other countries, but not giving back to the country their home base resides in. For these reasons, and I'm sure there are plenty more out there, I encourage all who read this to boycott Starbucks. I serve alongside men and women who will give their life for their country. Starbucks turns their back on them.

Sorry dude I can't help you. Well I could but I won't.

You got a beef with Starbucks, that's your thing. I don't bug you with my problems or ask you to discontinue the use of items produced by companies that I have issues with, and I don't expect you to burden me with yours.

In fact I think I'll pick up a Starbucks on the way home.

Sorry dude I can't help you. Well I could but I won't.

You got a beef with Starbucks, that's your thing. I don't bug you with my problems or ask you to discontinue the use of items produced by companies that I have issues with, and I don't expect you to burden me with yours.

In fact I think I'll pick up a Starbucks on the way home.

is this your Starbucks cup? :idk:

starbucks_special_treat.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom