Boycott Starbucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I boycotted Starbucks years ago and can't even remember why...oh wait, their coffee sucks!
By the way, does coffee raise your SAC rate?
Get Wet!

Crappy coffee, crappy food, crappy service, and crappy morals. F them. Up here we have Wawa's. They kick Starbucks ass.

Starbucks DOES turn thier corporate back to American servicemembers. They are a horrible company, and your wife is better off not working for them.

Sorry man. Down here it's basically starbucks or nescafe, and I ain't gong back to instant. If I find a decent tasting substitute, I'll be glad to participate on your boycott, but daddy needs his coffee in the morning, and instant ain't gonna cut it.

But I tell you what, rather than having a latte in Starbucks when I do go to Santiago, to support your cause I'll go to a Cafe con piernas instead (PM me your email and I'll send you pics - not everybody, just OP).

I'm sorry your woman is in such a sheite condition and you're there fighting the real war on terror, but form here in south america there ain't much I can do. Keep your head down, watch your backside and get back safe. Keep supporting your woman as I'm sure she's supporting you. I hope she finds another job with better hours and better pay than what starfookers was gonna give her. More than anything, I hope for you get you ass home ASAP intact.

Thanks bro.

Last edited:
Thanks for your support everyone. I did send Starbucks corporate an email right after she told me about it. I haven't heard back from them, probably never will. I'm thinking of calling the corporate office when I find some time. I think getting a call from a service member in a war zone might shake them a little.

Have your wife contact her local newspaper to complain. Local TV station wouldn't hurt either.
Especially if they have a trouble shooter reporter.

What Starbucks was it? I have unlimited nights and weekends on my cell. Be glad to give them a call. Proud Air Force dad here. My son just came home last month from there. 6 month tour 194 days, 115 missions. And for the liberals who say this should not be turned into a political statement, yes it should. It is not like she was late becuase she was getting her hair done. That would be a stupid reason. Some are able to call home regularly. But for some of us one of the most heartwrenching things to see is a missed call that you know originated from a war zone. My son was allowed 15 minutes once a week to call me, his GF, or his mom. Those calls take precedence over everything else. Good companies understand that. Starbucks does not. No more of their swill for me. Send your kids over there and say that a call is not a good excuse. Or shut the hell up.

I never go to Starbucks but I am sure being on time is one of the traits they look for in a new employee.

A company has a lot of applicants that they have to weed out. Late for the job interview is a good place to start.

Like you said, the manager didn't giver her a chance to explain. He wasn't even aware that she was talking to you in Afghanistan.

It doesn't matter if the person had a flat tire, a sick baby or a phone call from Afghanistan, they are looking for a reason to narrow down the pool of applicants. They don't care why the person is late.

It's not just Starbucks, there are other companies that would pass you by if you are late for the job interview, no matter what your excuse.

These aren't the companies you want to work for.

Last edited:
What is this Starbucks you speak of....? We have Tim Hortons :D

I doubt Starbucks will notice the loss of my business - but I'm happy to participate because it should raise the morale of the OP - and he is in harm's way for benefit of us at home.

A2K - thank you for your service!

Back
Top Bottom