Boycott Starbucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And furthermore, capitalism is good, deal with it whiners.

I don't know that it's actually good per se.

It's the worst possible system other than all the others. If we were inherently good communism would be viable. We're heirs of Malthus and Smith more than not. Just the way the universe works.

Where?

I live in the Seattle area ... Starbucks comes from here ... and there's mom and pop espresso stands everywhere. There's also two other major coffee chains ... Tully's and Seattle's Best Coffee (SBC) ... not to mention about a dozen less major ones.

I used to work in downtown Bellevue, less than a block from an intersection that had a Starbucks on one corner, an SBC on another corner, and a Tully's on a third corner. When a little mom & pop espresso stand went on the fourth corner one of my co-worker's response was "Cool! Now I don't have to walk across the street."

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Doesn't Starbucks own Seattle's Best now?

But we're not and therefore it's not, communism will never work.

Agreed. But it doesn't say anything good about us that this is the case.

Some among the weak, unsavvy, or mentally 'off' are among the most decent and/or interesting Ive met. The world is what it is. Boltzmann holds sway.

Unfortunately for us. I obey it but don't find it inspiring.

Being against capitalism doesn't necessarily make you a commie.

Correct.

Did anyone claim that someone against capitalism was (necessarily) a commie?

EDIT - D@mn! ONESPEED types faster than I do!

Back
Top Bottom