Boston area: LDS that will fill 32% w/o Nitrox stickers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
Had an unfortunate experience with an LDS this past weekend. They categorically refused to pump nitrox into tanks without Nitrox stickers.

I understand the arguments for and against and am not particularly interested in a re-hash of a debate we've all seen a million times at SB. My (hopefully) simple question is - will one of the local area shops will oxygen-serviced tanks with 32% despite a lack of those idiotic bands?

Head over to South Shore Divers in Weymouth. Shop owner, Al, doesn't use the partial filling method so he will fill your talks to whatever %EAN you're looking for w/o a Nitrox sticker on it. I took the class there last year and he said something like they have a bank of premixed Nitrox at some predesignated %. You tell them what % of O2 you want in the tank, they plug that info into a computer program and it tells the filler how much regular air(I think) to put in to make the proper mix. Filler then puts a peice of yellow and green tape across the tank neck to tell you the MOD and the %EAN. He also requires you to check it to certify the mix when you pick the tanks up. But, doesn't have to be O2 cleaned or have a Nitrox sticker on it...just need your cert card. $10 dollars a fill, though. Good luck.

LobstaMan

United Divers in Somerville

I usually go up to Aquatic Escapes in Londonderry, NH these days which is just a few minutes over the border.

I've gotten Nitrox fills at Mass Diving before without bands, but last I knew they aren't using hyperfiltered air.

lobstaman is right. Got my nitrox cert there as well in November and since he is one of the few, if not the only guy filling Nitrox in easter MA he will do it. He still has you sign the log book and all and places a piece of tape on the tank with the mix, max depth and you sign off on it so you're good to go.

Soggy:
United Divers in Somerville

I usually go up to Aquatic Escapes in Londonderry, NH these days which is just a few minutes over the border.

I've gotten Nitrox fills at Mass Diving before without bands, but last I knew they aren't using hyperfiltered air.

I'm pretty sure UD uses PP, so you're going to need O2-clean cylinders. I'm pretty sure the link I included a few posts ago lists all the non-PP places at least in eastern MA.

I bank 36% and can blend down to anything less than that. My air is O2 clean so I won't contaminate an O2 clean tank, but I don't require O2 clean tanks and certainly don't require stickers.

Atlantic Divers
13 Elm st
Danvers, ma

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom