Boat dive to Lanai was cancelled, what else do you suggest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beepbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,
My boat dive with EH just got cancelled.:shocked2: Their boat will be in dry dock for the weekend. I made specific plans to stay in Lahaina on Friday to dive Lanai Saturday. Now it is bust, what else would people suggest to do on that side of the island? I'll be staying in Wailea the rest of the week and won't have another morning available for diving. I have a conference in the mornings.

Thanks for your help!

Lindy

Might check with Hawaiian Rafting Adventures / Dive Maui to see if they are heading over there - it's possible with the big swell coming in that no one will be running this weekend :(

If you are a history buff, there is a nice walking tour of Lahaina that I enjoy doing - also the whaling museum in the Courthouse by the harbor and the larger one at Whalers Village.

Hope you have a fun stay up here, and sorry to hear about your canceled dive :(

Call Lahaina Divers, they have two big Newtons so might go out if it's rougher.

Or there's the Helicopter rides.

They just said it was for needed maintenance.

So, if I read this right, you are looking for something to do on Saturday? Why not shore dive? The Mala Wharf dive is right there in Lahaina, and it's one of my favorite Maui dives. Check out kidspot's website; he has information about a bunch of shore dives on it. The shore diving on Maui is great!

Call Lahaina Divers, they have two big Newtons so might go out if it's rougher.

Or there's the Helicopter rides.
If the channel conditions are that rough, the Newtons aren't going to make that much of a difference, and the diving probably isn't going to be all that fun.

The rumours are that the North Swell coming in *might* be big enough to make Jaws go off tomorrow.

I had to cancel shore diving yesterday for a student because of conditions ... so I don't expect shore diving to be feasable for several days to a week ... but I'd love to be proven wrong :wink:

The rumours are that the North Swell coming in *might* be big enough to make Jaws go off tomorrow.
I'd love to see that...:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom