Blurry vision underwater is due to pupil dilation, which can be controlled to see as if wearing mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your video WAS the primary reason that I bought the SWS! I wanted it to work for me really badly, but:

a) Problem is that I always need magnifiers to see my gauges. Those take up the bottom half of each lens. Attaching the SWS and then dropping them down made the mask optics too complicated.

b) Mine came with flimsy plastic yellow twine-like string for attachment. It was a major task just to connect the SWS to the mask. I disliked it intensely. How did you attach yours?
Tridacna,

You don't need the magnifiers to see your gauges with the SeawiscopeEY. When I started using the SeawiscopeEY, I had the magnifiers in my mask. After several dives, I returned to my plain lenses without the magnifiers, and simply used the SeawiscopeEY. My problem with the magnifiers is that they interfere with my foot placement with the mask down as I exit on slippery river rocks. So I haven't used the magnifiers, and they are back in their box that I kept the original lenses in.

Your "flimsy plastic yellow twine-like string" is a problem, and the one I have has a rubber tie. The problem with the rubber tie is that it breaks. I suggest you replace this string with either rubber ties, or with a nylon chord. If you click on the "seamless mounting" photos on this page, you will get a YouTube video of how to mount the SeawiscopeEY onto your mask.
Ever Young: a true near vision aid for divers

By the way, have you heard of the "butterfly knot," a loop that can be made in the middle of any line. If you use the butterfly knot, you can get much more tension on the twine, and make the SeawiscopeEY more secure to the mask.
With the alpine butterfly knot, you can go around the arm's catch area, then back through the butterfly knot's loop, and back, pulling tension on the arm.

SeaRat

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom