Bluebonnet Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

Just curious if anyone has dived Bluebonnet Hole in Lake Travis. This is the deepest point on the lake and it is very near Stark Damn on the Lake Travis side. Depths here, depending on the lake levels, can reach 225 feet.

Anyone been there?

thanks

L

it from shore or is a boat required...?

Feel free to PM me the coords if you like...I'll buy you an adult beverage or two in return.

cyklon_300:
it from shore or is a boat required...?

Feel free to PM me the coords if you like...I'll buy you an adult beverage or two in return.

Well, I have been told you have to have a boat. The river is narrow at this location so I guess you could wade in after you sneak across someone's land.

I will get you the coordinates this weekend. I will send you a PM I have a topo map which shows Bluebonnet hole and even calls it out.

L

Playing w/ GE, I see some interesting features near the dam, depending on where the hole is, I see some possible land access points...but you might need a 4wd and some rappeling gear...or a helo.

The coords will be helpful, thanks. I have every topo for TX at work, so the quad ref will be good too.
G

LVX:
Hello,

Just curious if anyone has dived Bluebonnet Hole in Lake Travis. This is the deepest point on the lake and it is very near Stark Damn on the Lake Travis side. Depths here, depending on the lake levels, can reach 225 feet.

Anyone been there?

thanks

L

Hey L.... you might pop into another site I am a member of www.thedecostop.com and pose your question to that group,,,,mostly tech divers.....and for sure at depths of 225ffw you are talking serious diving.

texdiveguy:
Hey L.... you might pop into another site I am a member of www.thedecostop.com and pose your question to that group,,,,mostly tech divers.....and for sure at depths of 225ffw you are talking serious diving.

Yeah, I know all about the deco stop and I am a member as well. Most of the divers over there are not from Texas so I thought I would try here. And yes, I know 225 is serious diving.....

LVX:
Yeah, I know all about the deco stop and I am a member as well. Most of the divers over there are not from Texas so I thought I would try here. And yes, I know 225 is serious diving.....

Glad I could help.

Does anyone know how that hole got there? The surrounding water of the hole is pretty shallow 6' then all of a sudden there is this 120' plus hole about 100' across.
Carol Cowan of the LCRA told one of my crew he put a drop camera in the hole and hit sand that was bubbling and the water was clear @115' similar to the cream of wheat springs @ Aquarena Springs.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom