Blue Springs Quarry Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaGypsy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I dove at Natural Springs today as a stop off during my drive to Bloomington, IN. I'll be in Bloomington this week and was hoping to do a few dives at Blue Springs quarry but while I was at Natural Springs I was told by some other divers that Blue Springs has been flooded out. Do any folks know the current status of Blue Springs as to whether it is diveable?

Appreciate any insights that folks may have as I have always enjoyed going over to Blue Springs in the evenings for a few dives.

Hi, welcome back. BSQ did flood this spring and was undivable for most of the summer.

It is now open and is diveable. If you follow the link that crptnr133 included you will get the whole story complete with pictures of the flood damage and the current conditions underwater and topside. the 1st post has the flood damage pics and posts 93 and 94 have my trip report and current pictures.

Bryce

Well it's been almost two years so it's time for another return to Blue Springs! Hopefully things have recovered from the flood of a few years ago.

My current plans are to be back in the area for a dive on Sunday (July 25th) late afternoon and another dive on late afternoon/early evening on Monday (July 26th). So,

- Might anyone know the current conditions?

- Might anyone like to join me?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom