Question Updated "Dutch Springs replacement" thread...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well,
I’ve been putting together a list of PA locations, this is what I got:
Willow springs quarry
Dutch springs
Presque state park
Shikellamy state park
Bald Eagle state park
Elk state park
Pymatuning state park
Crusty’s quarry
And now, lake allure

These were put together thru internet searches and Google map’s searches, so don’t beat me up too bad!

I’m always looking for more dive sites…
Well a few of us dove a bit in Lake Nocamixon in the marina on an emergency boat repair mission. I'm not going to recommend it as it was lights-out as soon as you slipped below the surface.

After the repair we needed to conduct a braille search for a dropped tool. Elbow to elbow, his white-painted tank was all but undiscernable at 15' on a brilliant day.

I've actually had some ideas about Lake Nockamixon, that will probably not work out.

The first, is trying to dive it right where Tohickon Creek enters it. The lake water may be jet black, but the creek water is pretty clear. Perhaps it isn't mixed enough there to give some visibility.

The second, is trying to dive just around the edges. The shallows around the edges have 3-4 feet of visibility, at least they do if you are looking down from a boat.

That said, you need to check in at the office as a buddy pair to dive it, and I've yet to convince my regular buddy that it is even worth trying.

Paging @Andy in Gap

All I know is it was him, a father and son, and an old dude named Frank! If Frank made it anyone can, LOL.
We dove from the NJ side that day. I’m not sure if they have any access open to the Point of Gap overlook. I’ve scootered between the two sites when I didn’t want to pay the bridge toll but it would be tough to get to the train wreck site with 611 being closed. I much prefer diving the PA side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom