Blue Hole?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Sounds like you know your way around the flying bit. Raton pass is about 6700 feet, would you fly thru it? Keep in mind that my knowledge of flying is limited to changing terminals, going for FC upgrades, and claiming my luggage before anyone else does. :)

The Blue Hole is at 4600 feet so I figure the altitude dives at 5000. My Oceanic computer senses the altitude automatically when I activate it once there, +1000 feet, which is close enough for me as long as I keep it very happy in the Green zone. I think the Colorado and Albuquerque divers always try to kill a few hours before driving home thru the respective passes, and I guess you'd be fine if you just added one more to whatever they usually do. I don't know how much diving, much less altitude diving you've done, so please forgive me if I'm boring you here.

The airport is over near the I-40 truck stop. Let us know if we can pick you up??
i havnt layed a flight plane yet but i didnt think there where any passes like that.... im not going to be flying through any moutians... im going straight south...

DandyDon:
Sounds like you know your way around the flying bit. Raton pass is about 6700 feet, would you fly thru it?

Careful. Raton Pass is a little more than 7,800 ft.

charlieo:
DandyDon:
Sounds like you know your way around the flying bit. Raton pass is about 6700 feet, would you fly thru it?

Careful. Raton Pass is a little more than 7,800 ft.
Is it now? :11: Wow! I admit - I took my elevation from the town of Raton. I guess the pass goes higher. TY!

Taylor86:
i havnt layed a flight plane yet but i didnt think there where any passes like that.... im not going to be flying through any moutians... im going straight south...
:hmmm: I-25 seems to go straight south thru Raton Pass (the town is just below the state line) Raton as far as the Pecos River. If the pass is 7800 ft, the town is 6700 feet, there must be something similar to mountains along there somewhere. :D I guess you could fly east around them? Let me know when you plan the flight. Just curious.

DandyDon:
charlieo:
Is it now? :11: Wow! I admit - I took my elevation from the town of Raton. I guess the pass goes higher. TY!

:hmmm: I-25 seems to go straight south thru Raton Pass (the town is just below the state line) Raton as far as the Pecos River. If the pass is 7800 ft, the town is 6700 feet, there must be something similar to mountains along there somewhere. :D I guess you could fly east around them? Let me know when you plan the flight. Just curious.
cool looks like im going to have to snag my dads plane...

OK I can NOT get ahold of Stella, or anyone else for that matter. Is there somewhere I can rent a tank there? I just can't make myself drive an hour the wrong way to get a tank and then take it back another hour. Anyone know of a place there?

Stella does have tanks. However, I'll throw an extra in the van for you!!

scubajoh44:
OK I can NOT get ahold of Stella, or anyone else for that matter. Is there somewhere I can rent a tank there? I just can't make myself drive an hour the wrong way to get a tank and then take it back another hour. Anyone know of a place there?
Did you call in the evening? Of course, she's not home every evening. I'll call her tonight and confirm that she'll be there this weekend.

I think her rates are $4 for fills, $5 if she furnishes the tanks, but check the air pressure before you carry the tank out.

I am in Lubbock now. Can I pick up anything at your LDS for you? Call me at 806-292-0009 before 1pm Texas time. :cowboy:

No, I don't need anything from my LDS today, but thanks Don.

I can rent one from Stella if she has some. That would save me alot of $$ and drive time. Do I need to call and reserve one from her? $5 is no big deal! If you have an extra (ABQ) I'll certainly use it if you are offering. I did call her in the evening. On two different weekday nights. No answer.

Looks like the weather may be coooooooold!

scubajoh44:
No, I don't need anything from my LDS today, but thanks Don.

I can rent one from Stella if she has some. That would save me alot of $$ and drive time. Do I need to call and reserve one from her? $5 is no big deal! If you have an extra (ABQ) I'll certainly use it if you are offering. I did call her in the evening. On two different weekday nights. No answer.

Looks like the weather may be coooooooold!
I've never seen Stella run out of tanks. She may be slow filling, may short fill, and in October there was a problem with o-rings, but - she should have plenty.

You called her at 505-472-3370 - 2 different evenings? :hmmm:

I'll work on reaching her, one way or the other, and let you know. Did you get your wetsuit ok?

<edit> Just spoke to Stella's hubby, and he assured me that they'll be there with tanks ready. :thumb:

Cool. Thanks for the info Don. I'll deffinately wait and just get one from her.

I still don't have my wet suit. HilaryRN has offered to let me use one of hers. (You still planning on coming Hilary?) Maybe I'll have mine back by then, but I'm doubting it. I'll probably have to go get it myself on Christmas break.... :0(
Not sure what I'll do if I can't use Hilary's or rent from Stella's.

Hey.... I'm kinda wanting to learn how to use a drysuit. My LDS doesn't rent them. Anyone know where I can get one and anyone want to offer to give me some pointers?

Back
Top Bottom