Blue Hole NM Collapse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw a post on FaceBook that said the giant stride ledge was taken out. A picture showed a barrier at that ledge. In the picture, both sets of buoys are in place. The giant stride ledge is right above the cave opening. I hope VikingDives' work there was not damaged.

Rock Lake is still accesible
That’s good to hear. We’ve been having a hard time reaching the owners.

That’s good to hear. We’ve been having a hard time reaching the owners.
You can't reach the owners. They are very insistent on that.

it is possible to reach the former owners, and they have been allowed in charge of the continued diving. Several groups have access. You can do it through them.

Ok. All the rumors on Facebook are wrong. I dove it the day before yesterday.

There was a major collapse on the northeast wall. There is a debris field of "new rock" that goes from about the anchor point of the (former) 25-foot platform to the area where the cross and treasure chest are.

I told the folks from the city that everything appeared stable. The collapse appears to have come from about 40 feet, but the viz was only about 6-10 feet so I may be wrong.

The city is contacting some geologists for options/options but they are planning to be closed through next weekend.

I'm going to talk with them again today, and I'll post updates if things change.

Yes, there was a collapse of some sort that took out the 25-foot platform (the white bouys).

The viz was 0 feet yesterday, but according to the folks there, a "car-sized" rock fell.

I talked to the people from the city yesterday and I'm heading out there this morning to assess the damage.

Assuming the viz has returned to normal, I'll try to get some pictures.
Any update?

I found all the classes that where supposed to be at Blue Hole in Aurora Res.

Water flow is unchanged. The plan is to reopen after next weekend.

They have arranged to have some geologists assess the condition of the wall. I'm not sure when that's happening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom