Blue Hole on the 11th and 12th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasonmh:
Well, she defintely isn't a DIR wannabe...
She is the one we called in to finally convince you to by the d*mn backplate Ron! :)

OMG, I guess I'm doomed!

Well, I'm making progress. I have a long hose, a nice shiny new spg to replace my 3 guage console. I'm going to get the BP/W to do cold water diving. I'm still not ready to give up the Zeagle for warm water diving. We shall see, but my main goal is not tech, or DIR, but rather to get weight out of the BC which a good SS wing, and heavy STA like Kevin's setup does nicely. I am however going to go with the LH for my reg setup for all diving.

I have a couple issues to take care of, and then the whole financial thing! I'm not in a rush. I'll likely going to go with:

HammerHead SS and STA
Oxycheq Single donut wing.
Hog.
SS bands.

Basic DIR configuration, but the other option is the DSS. I really like the price of the singles package. What I don't like is the lack of STA, and having to purchase $100 of plate weight. I would like to get the rig up to at LEAST 13 lbs, and I'm thinking that 18lbs would be even more better so I could have just 5lbs or so of weight on a belt. I guess another option is SS tanks, but that's even more expensive, and I already own a couple AL80's.

No offense ment by the "DIR wannabe" comment. But if one has not passed the Fundies, then wannbe is my term! :D Maybe I should say provisional!

I guess I have not met Jill. I dove with one woman, but if memory servers her name was Mel?

Just get double steel LP108's. That will take weight off your belt! :D

Juli-Mermaid:
Guess Who!......Okay...I'm new at this....not sure where this is going.....I will post and see what happens....
Hi Juli!!!!

Hey, wanna dive with a drysuit????

Jasonmh:
Well, she defintely isn't a DIR wannabe...
She is the one we called in to finally convince you to by the d*mn backplate Ron! :)

I like it!! If reason won't work, maybe shame will.......:1poke:

:bananalama:

amascuba:

Boy, you got THAT right!!

It's just the walking back and forth that will get ya!!:shakehead

RonFrank:
HammerHead SS and STA
Oxycheq Single donut wing.
Hog.
SS bands.

I would like to get the rig up to at LEAST 13 lbs, and I'm thinking that 18lbs would be even more better so I could have just 5lbs or so of weight on a belt. I guess another option is SS tanks, but that's even more expensive, and I already own a couple AL80's.

Sounds like a good setup. With the SS backplate a weighted STA you should easily be able to get 12-14 pounds just with those 2.

RonFrank:
No offense ment by the "DIR wannabe" comment. But if one has not passed the Fundies, then wannbe is my term! :D Maybe I should say provisional!

No offense taken I'm sure, I was just joking cause Juli has passed Fundies :)

amascuba:

Yeah, I can only take this cold water thing so far as I just don't dive it enough to justify doubles.

Actually if I ever move to FL, doubles maybe on my list! I think I could do five~six shallow reef dives on one set of air with 60 minutes BT each based on what the DiveOp generally allows! That could justify the expense. Then again I can get two dives off an AL80, but generally don't bother as tanks are there to use. I'd almost be embarrased to tell them I one need one tank for two dives as they either expect you to pay for two, or bring your own.

Jason is the one that got me into this expensive hobby!..haha..

But you don't have to rub it in Kevin! If I get a drysuit it is Trish's fault...after all "it is for safety"...

No offence by DIR wanna be Ron....I wanna be a lot of things...like in a drysuit!....haha...We have probably met Ron...I just can't remember...I used to dive with Mel a lot..

How do you guys get any work done! I need to get off here and make some money so I can buy new toys!....

Juli-Mermaid:

But you don't have to rub it in Kevin! If I get a drysuit it is Trish's fault...after all "it is for safety"...

No offence by DIR wanna be Ron....I wanna be a lot of things...like in a drysuit!....haha...We have probably met Ron...I just can't remember...I used to dive with Mel a lot..

How do you guys get any work done! I need to get off here and make some money so I can buy new toys!....

You can get a 10% discount on a drysuit at scubatoys.com for being a member of scubaboard. :wink: They have a nice bare drysuit there for like $1200.

Juli-Mermaid:

I wasn't rubbing it in! :eyebrow:

I want to give you a opportunity to get into one! See if you like it, that sort of thing.......

You can probably fit into Alicia's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom