Blue Hole Belize Poll

What's your opinion on diving Blue Hole Belize?

• Did it, would like do it again.

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Did it, not interested in a repeat

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • Haven't done it but I want to

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • Haven't done it and not interested

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just got back from belize yesterday. I miss it already and have my dive jones more than ever.

the 3 dive blue hole trip was worth every penny. If I had stayed longer I would off done it again. It was pretty darn cool. I wish it were a longer dive but just cruising the stalagtites was amazing. To me it felt like I was somewhere else , a different planet or something. I didn't feel like I was in the ocean or in some huge reef aquarium. It was very very cool. Plus the other dives out on lighthouse reef were amazing.
I'd Do it again in a heart beat.

Barracuda2- where can I see your video???

tigercrane:
Barracuda2- where can I see your video???

PM me an address and I'll put something together from the footage I have. I haven't yet put a real production together, but I can put something together with some music. VHS? or DVD?

Barracuda2

Did it three times, passed on the fourth, back in '94.
Should be called the Black Hole!

I am well used to dark waters, but anyone visiting the Blue Hole should be prepared for a sharp drop in light conditions, unlike other blue water sites nearby. A dive light will come in handy.

Worth doing, but there are better sites around.
Check out the Chicken Drop on Wed. nights in San Pedro, a much shorter "drop" and more light! Heh, heh!!

Seadeuce

Seadeuce

Heck yeah, I'd dive the blue hole again! I have done the dive twice and have had two very different experiences. On the second dive, we spotted a big old bull shark at about 90'. Awesome.

I realize I am late to this party, but I would say Blue Hole is totally worth the $ and the 2.5 hr boat ride from San Pedro...one of the things that makes it so worth it are the accompanying dives...healthy coral, great sea life, and lunch on Half Moon Caye makes it a great all-around experience.

Damselfish:
There's occasional discussion on whether the Blue Hole is worth diving or not and I'm curious about the overall numbers.

roo1788:
I realize I am late to this party, but I would say Blue Hole is totally worth the $ and the 2.5 hr boat ride from San Pedro...one of the things that makes it so worth it are the accompanying dives...healthy coral, great sea life, and lunch on Half Moon Caye makes it a great all-around experience.
I've been there twice on day trips. I live in Belize and I think it would be a much better trip if you stayed on Turneffe. On rough trade wind days it's a bit tiring coming all the way back to San Pedro. I haven't been there for two years but the last time I went the divemaster was feeding sharks. It was a bit sketchy after he ran out of fish carcasses and the sharks kept coming very close, I believe because my camera case looked similar to the plastic, silvery bag he had the fish in.
I'm not much on geology so the stalagmites and "tites" didn't thrill me. And since there is not much "new water" exchanged in the Hole, it's a bit of an aquatic desert. All in all, it's worth it though.

We just got back from AC last week, dove the hole for our 25th dive. I got kinda narc'd down there (a slight panic set in, like... what in the &^% am I doing 140' deep!)and forgot to take pictures... but, saw sharks and a grouper down in the nether regions. It was really a good feeling when we started ascending... whew. I'm glad I did it BUT I will never do it again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom