Blister on top of foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKeith001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Got some new fins and they are causing blisters right on the top of my foot. I wear 5mm booties and still causing this. Maybe they are not tight enough???

Any help???

Maybe it's your boots, not your fins. When I used boots with a seam right down the middle, I used to get blisters. When I changed to something that was seamless, no more blisters.

I do like my fins on tight, and I can see if they were loose on your feet, it could cause blisters. But as I mentioned, after I changed the boot style, it's all in the past.

Good luck.

I have some older booties, no seam on top and use jet fins. I notice that if I have to kick for long time, more than a leisurly kick here and there, my feet slip in my bootie and rub the top of my toes... and I get blisters. Thinking new booties and maybe some sort of light sock for protection.

I had the same problem. They make light socks out of lycra. The lycra gives some protection and it greatly lowers the coefficient of friction. I have not had any problems since I started using them.

I had the same problem. They make light socks out of lycra. The lycra gives some protection and it greatly lowers the coefficient of friction. I have not had any problems since I started using them.

+1 for the lycra socks under your booties. I use to get a blister on one of my toes but not since a buddy turned me onto the lycra socks. I especially like them for those tropical vacations when you're doing 4 - 5 dives a day.

Thanks for everyones help.

My boots are a side zip so no problems there. I will try and look for the lycra socks this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom