Billary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got around to reading an article in the weekend paper that talks about the possibility of Hillary Clinton running for pres in the next election. Don't roll your eyes. She'll probably run and she might very well win. Anyway, the thought occured to me, what do they call the "first lady" if he's a man?

AhHa! A loophole! So she can't run.

God help us all.

She has already started though promising the return of Hillarycare.

TOM

Hillary HAS been running for president for at least two years. I dread the thought of her becoming president, but I really blame the most recent holder of that office and those responsible for electing him. The standards have been lowered so dramatically that even a despicable opportunist now seems like a perfectly plausible candidate.
After the current administration, almost any candidate will appear highly qualified and honest, and the most mediocre performance brilliant in contrast.

jiveturkey:
Anyway, the thought occured to me, what do they call the "first lady" if he's a man?

the first mate?

the first consort?

the first gentleman?

the first husband?

i think first husband sounds ok

As a Canadian, of course I have no opinion on US politics. :wink: (Actually, being married to an American citizen means I know more about them that I need to, but that's not the point.)

Having worked with Canada's Department of Foreign Affairs, I'm aware that the US has already taken part in a series of conferences called "Conference of Spouses of Heads of State and Government of the Americas" - your current 'first spouse' addressed the conference in 2002, and the Presidential candidate in question attended the one I worked at in 1999. :D

agilis:
Hillary HAS been running for president for at least two years. I dread the thought of her becoming president, but I really blame the most recent holder of that office and those responsible for electing him. The standards have been lowered so dramatically that even a despicable opportunist now seems like a perfectly plausible candidate.
After the current administration, almost any candidate will appear highly qualified and honest, and the most mediocre performance brilliant in contrast.
ah..can you say rant...............:rofl3:

I will vote for the Communist party before I vote for Hillary.

notice how Iraq has Blossomed since the elections? yep, they know the dems don't have a pair. Don't blame me for your higher tax bill. or the inflation to come......

Wish GW could run again!

Don't worry about Hillary. She has no chance of winning, probably because she's the most qualified.

Actually,
I am hoping Mitt Romney R-Mass gets the ticket, even though he comes from Kennedy/botched joke man state, he started some good programs and would do a good job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom