Best way to put on wet wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robstrash

Registered
Reaction score
Wife and I are going for 10 night live-aboard next week so we'll be putting on a wet wetsuit a lot (3mm). The last time we did a live-aboard my wife had a hard time pulling the wet wetsuit up and over her hips. By the end of the trip her fingers hurt from pulling on the wetsuit so much (were chafed too). Any females have any tricks for putting on a wet wetsuit? I didn't have any issues, but then again, I don't have female hips.

Not sure if there is a better forum so if so, let me know.

Start from the bottom and work your way up. Get everything around the ankles situated first, then knees, then hips. If you try to put on the suit like a pair of pants, it won't work well. She will understand this: put it on like you put on a pair of pantyhose..

Wear a skin under the suit, but that is a pain to put on too. She should try lubricating the inside of the suit with baby shampoo solution,maybe 25% shampoo....It will make a big difference...

Suit may not be wet enough and/or roll the ankles up as far as she can....Same goes for the sleeves.......

"Pulling it up" suggests the technique is way off. It should roll on, more like pantyhose. Get the ankles in place the roll up to the knees, make sure they're perfect and keep on rolling. More here. It's easy with a 7mm, 3mm should be a piece of cake.

Pete

Or just never take the suit off, at least the lower part...

Baby shampoo...organic, ocean-friendly, no tears, excellent lube for wetsuit..just a bit of lather will do it. Smells nice too.

Or just never take the suit off, at least the lower part...

Um, I don't think it would be very comfortable to leave a wetsuit on for 10 straight days. Sounds like some kind of David Blaine stunt.

---------- Post added August 9th, 2013 at 03:56 AM ----------

Thanks for the info on baby shampoo and also for the link Spectrum. We'll get some shampoo this weekend and also have her try the "rolling it on" method as described in the link. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom