Best P-valve on the market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

What's the best P-valve on the market? Do alot of you guys like the Halycon one, it's a little expensive and is I was wondering if anyone else put out a comparable one? Anyone use the dive rite one?

What does p-valve installation entail?

Thanks!

I dive the Halcyon balanced with Rochester Wide Band catheters.

Install is simple and I think they have the info on the EE site. Cut a hole, coat area and valve with aquaseal several times and install. I used a washer made from 1/8" neoprene as well to give it something to bite into.

I've seen the DiveRite, don't like it as well and if you think the Halcyon is expensive...well.

Dave D

PS - get a qucik disconnect from McMaster Carr makes hooking up in public a breeze.

McMaster Carr QD?

Do you have any additional information about this? I tried a Google - way too many hits for one lifetime:)

url/part number/source/anything will be helpful.

Thanks, in advance.

Steven

I have the DR valve and like it better than the Halcyon, but it is more expensive.

We're using a plastic QD that has a locking ring, and o-ring pressure seal. I have some pics but don't have anyplace to put them; apparently you need a server somewhere to link to.

MD

Halcyon P-Valve is way to go. Installitation is not to hard. The hardest part is putting a hole in a dry DS. The QDs are also available from US Plastics. They may have smaller sizes. They allow you the hook and unhook from the hose and not have any backflow.

Eric

ericfine50 once bubbled...
The QDs are also available from US Plastics. They may have smaller sizes. They allow you the hook and unhook from the hose and not have any backflow.

Eric

Do you have a website address and the part numbers you used?I like the idea of a quick diconnect especially one that wont backflow when i disconnect it.

By the way i use a Halcyon balanced P valve.Sturdy, simple and does the job.

I actually don't remember, PM dmdalton - he is the man when it comes it QDs

Eric

reefraff once bubbled...
McMaster Carr QD?

Do you have any additional information about this? I tried a Google - way too many hits for one lifetime:)

url/part number/source/anything will be helpful.

Thanks, in advance.

Steven

Let me pull out the infoice and see qhich one it was. I will post it here when I find it.

Dave D

Back
Top Bottom