Best P-valve on the market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmdalton once bubbled...

Let me pull out the infoice and see qhich one it was. I will post it here when I find it.

Dave D

Excuse the spelling! I haven't had my Diet Coke yet this AM!

Dave D

There's a post here by Oxyhacker with a link to drawings; the US Plastics joint has parts, you can slap a P-valve together for pennies.
For a store bought, SiTech has a "real" pee valve, not something that looks like it was put together from hardware store floor sweepings. :wink:

It's
http://www.airspeedpress.com/pvalvepage.html

Re DiveRite vs Halcyon, the Dive Rite is a nicely integrated, designed from the ground up unit while the Halcyon basically a slightly updated, well-made version of the cavers traditional homebuilt. Take you pick - both do exactly the same job.

I've heard a lot of people whine about regulators, and especially BC's, saying how badly they regret buying one and how much they wish they'd bought another, but have yet to hear anyone complain very hard about a P-valve - unless to say they wish they'd saved their money and made a homebuilt :)

Bob3 once bubbled...
There's a post here by Oxyhacker with a link to drawings; the US Plastics joint has parts, you can slap a P-valve together for pennies.

I have installed the Halycon one in my dry suit. p-valves take a little to get use to..

But I would not want to dive without it.

I am still tring to fing the best condem decath to use.

Scott =-)

reefraff once bubbled...
McMaster Carr QD?
Do you have any additional information about this? I tried a Google - way too many hits for one lifetime:)
Try a sporting goods store... one that carries bikes.
The product called the "Camelback" has an accessory available that allows you to disconnect the bladder without unthreading the supply tube from the whole shoulder strap.
This QD is perfect for a P-Valve... about $11.
Put the hollow part on "your" half of the tube and the part with the clip in the suit.... this provides a third level of protection beyond the screw and one-way valve should you decide to dive disconnected.
It also allows you to use an unbalanced valve and keep dry if you forgot and left the screw in the truck AND forgot the Rochesters :)

RichLockyer once bubbled...

Try a sporting goods store... one that carries bikes.
The product called the "Camelback" has an accessory available that allows you to disconnect the bladder without unthreading the supply tube from the whole shoulder strap.
This QD is perfect for a P-Valve... about $11.
Put the hollow part on "your" half of the tube and the part with the clip in the suit.... this provides a third level of protection beyond the screw and one-way valve should you decide to dive disconnected.
It also allows you to use an unbalanced valve and keep dry if you forgot and left the screw in the truck AND forgot the Rochesters :)

Is the second one on this page the part you're talking about, Rich?
http://www.camelbak.com/rec/acc_other.cfm

I can definitely see the functionality, but wouldn't you still want a Quick Disconnect? It doesn't seem like this one would attach or detach very easily.

Rick

GearHead once bubbled...
http://www.camelbak.com/rec/acc_other.cfm
I can definitely see the functionality, but wouldn't you still want a Quick Disconnect? It doesn't seem like this one would attach or detach very easily.
Hmm... No, that's not it. Now I'm going to have to look to see if a Camelback competitor has shown up. Mine is white with a grey button. I thought it was a Camelback, but honestly, I only saw it on the rack with Camelback accessories and I just grabbed it, bought it, and tossed the packaging as soon as I got it home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom