Best P-valve on the market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Rich, finally ordered them. Much cheaper from McMaster too!
US Plastic is over 1.5x the price, mainly because they screw you on shipping!

$20.46 for (2) sets including shipping. US Plastic, even with their highest discount, which means ordering at least 120 still costs about $1 more, at their lowest discount level, 20, it costs over $3 more. Anything below 20 and it's $6 more. Plus theirs are all plastic, no SS tabs.

grunzster:
Thanks Rich, finally ordered them. Much cheaper from McMaster too!
McMaster is a good company. I buy a lot of my dive gear there :)
Seriously... all of the parts for the four sets of spring straps I've made came from there except for the cave line and clear tubing (Reef Scuba and Home Depot), I've bought rods and blocks of Delrin for various experiments, they're a very reasonable source for O-rings, except that for Buna, you're looking at quantities of 100 for anything smaller than a canister light lid. Viton is a little more expensive, but still priced at the same for a 5-25 pack as what the LDS gets for ONE.

For me, the best thing about McMaster is they're only about 30 miles away, so I can place a will-call order on Thursday and pick it up Friday afternoon or Saturday morning (I think they open at 6) so I can work on a project on Saturday.

With online orders, if I place an order any time after Tuesday, pretty much noon California time, it won't make it to me for the weekend unless I pay a premium for next-day. Half the time my 2nd day shipments end up arriving on Mondays because UPS doesn't count the pickup day, and charge even more yet to deliver on Saturday.
Next day is rarely worth it, unless it's a vendor that generally hoses you on normal ground shipping, then for some reason it's only 2 bucks more for next day :rolleyes:

Wow I didn't realize they sold all that other stuff. Gotta ad them to my favorites (right next to Reef Scuba).

At BTS in March the first booth we stopped at was Reef Scuba.
We must have spent nearly an hour there!

We have done it our selves and found out that this product was designed well.
But the O-ring and valve seat were very bad produced. Leaks were the result.

THe O-ring was glued !!! and the closure was just on top of the plastic valve closure. When closing the valve this rubber valve closure got trapped and caused leaks.

Dilson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom