Best Lawyer Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
Trust a lawyer to try to correct their own jokes... Do you see me doing that for engineer jokes??? :wink:
I think the point is that a lot of people believe that it is a true story. I know of at least one otherwise intelligent person who believed it until reading this.

Engineers would immediately correct a joke, but only if someone tells it wrong! We have a sense of humor and don't care what anyone thinks. That is why the birth control joke was originally an engineer joke. It originally read:

What does an engineer use for birth control
His/her personality.

Speaking of Engineers and Lawyers and Businessmen (well, I had to add the businessmen to get to the point of this post :wink: )

The three individuals were arguing about who had the oldest profession. The businessman argued that original bartering between individuals in order to obtain food and shelter indicated that business was oldest.

Not so fast argued the Engineer. The Bible clearly states in the very first book, that God created the Heavens and Earth out of Chaos. That was clearly an engineering feat.

The lawyer smugly stated, "Ah, but first there was Chaos" I win.

Hubble's photographs of distant galaxies indicate galaxies are colliding. Of course, astronomers have had pictures of colliding galaxies for quite some time now, but with the vastly improved resolution provided by the Hubble Space Telescope, you can actually see the lawyers rushing to the scene...

The original story is great. Thanks for posting it. It's nice when justice prevails and it's not just that "laws" are upheld with loopholes being tolerated and even encouraged. My two cents

I can't wait for the day they allow us to start hunting lawyers...........

I can't wait for the day they allow us to start hunting lawyers...........

Any person with a valid Texas state hunting and fishing license may harvest attorneys.

Taking of attorneys with traps or deadfalls is permitted. The use of currency as bait is prohibited.

Killing of attorneys with a vehicle is prohibited. If accidentally struck, remove dead attorney to roadside and proceed to nearest car wash.

It shall be unlawful to shout "whiplash," "ambulance," or "free Perrier" for the purpose of trapping attorneys.

It shall be unlawful to hunt attorneys within one hundred (100) yards of a BMW dealership.

It shall be unlawful to use cocaine, young boys, one hundred (100) dollar bills, prostitutes, or vehicle accidents to attract attorneys.

It shall be unlawful to hunt attorneys within two hundred (200) yards of courtrooms, law libraries, *****houses, health spas, gay bars, ambulances, or hospitals.

Stuffed or mounted attorneys must have a State Health Department inspection for AIDS, rabies, or vermin.

It shall be illegal for a hunter to disguise himself as a reporter, drug dealer, pimp, female legal clerk, sheep, accident victim, bookie, or tax accountant for the purpose of enticing, entrapping, ensnaring, or harvesting attorneys.

Back
Top Bottom