Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just picked up a set of Kubi from UTD. Most people I've dove with have had issues with leaks except for those with the Kubi system.

I'll probably try them out next weekend in the pool, and some wreck diving after that, I'll post my results.

BRad

Sadly diving concepts is out of business so if you can still get parts for them please let me know because many of the dealers around here cannot.

The kubi's are copy of their system system but they have evolved into a lower profile, different size rings and take up a lot less arm real estate then any other system. Oh they don't leak unless you pinch the glove liner when putting the gloves on or don't install them correctly.

Regards

Steve

I will check with LSD in auburn NY
Finger Lakes Scuba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and the dive concepts were a copy of the Skaana rings. I do love my Skaana rings. Bought them long before we'd heard of DC.

Unfortunately that only tells one how to install marigold type gloves. Anyone familiar with dc rings or skanna as richard pointed out will know how to i stall the gloves onto the rings.

Regards

Steve

Oh, my goodness, yes! If you close the Viking rings all the way, I don't know how you'd EVER get them off. I close mine between 1/4 and 1/2 inch. That's PLENTY.
Lynn,

Bob at ComDive (Bob3 on Scubaboard) has a replacement set of o-rings that are lower durometer and make removing and replacing the gloves MUCH easier. Closed all the way, I can still easily remove them by hand. With the originals... I needed the assistance of a tailgate or something else rigid and at the right angle to push against!

My original install guide for the Viking Bayonet system is here, though I should probably update it. Easy peezy.

My ONLY complaint- the rigid rings make valve drills uncomfortable. The only better solution is DUI Zip Gloves, if you have a DUI suit.

-B

Unfortunately that only tells one how to install marigold type gloves. Anyone familiar with dc rings or skanna as richard pointed out will know how to i stall the gloves onto the rings.

Regards

Steve

I found the best way to install new gloves on the Skaana rings was to pre-heat the glove cuffs with a heat gun on it's lowest setting until the vinyl is just warm. That why they stretch over the rings without a struggle.

My ONLY complaint- the rigid rings make valve drills uncomfortable. The only better solution is DUI Zip Gloves, if you have a DUI suit.

-B

I use the rings against my head to push my hand into position. Helps me with thick, less flexible under garments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom