Banned from Capt. Mike's Dive Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not me, I have a bad taste in my mouth about the OP letting this go too long. How hard would it have been for him to get Capt. Mike's contact information before the trip? Not very. Now he's badmouthing the Captain on the World Wide Web. Not cool. Salmonboy, do the courteous thing, apologize to Capt. Mike and pay up.

It all makes sense to me now. I had never considered Tracy could have been diving for free. If you wanted me to pay for your spot Tracy, you should have asked. Its not like I havent spent HUNDREDS of $$ on your diving already!

You weren't/aren't paying for my spot.

As is customary, I've sent Captain Mike a link to this thread. He will clarify that for you.

From Tracy:

Please find in the following the email I received from Captain Mike.

"That fine it's not the money . Going foward I will need a deposit from scuba board members before I book my time and boat for people that don't show just because. Tracy I am sorry that one or two selfish people ruin things for all scuba board members You can tell both of them for me that they are no longer welcome on my boat. Life is to short to dance with butt holes

Captain Mike"

I have read through this thread (no other postings concerning this particular trip)...

I have not read where the OP, at any time has bad mouthed captian mike. I have read his accounting of what has transpired, and I have read other accountings of what has transpired...

To accuse him of badmouthing so far is IMHO an inaccurate statement

This is all my fault! I didn't take my dog for a walk one day a few weeks back, right around the same time of the dive trip in question, and he is now making everyone suffer. He cursed Robin with a head cold, fully knowing the chain of events and confusion that would follow. With that in mind, I think I will call Mike and pay the money in question to put this to rest...

Bill and Tracy, can you please agree to disagree and move on? I've formed the impression you consider each other good friends and I think it would be an absolute shame for something like this to possibly put a wedge in that friendship. I'm dead serious, if it will help, I will call Mike and take care of this. All I ask in return is that you give each other a huge hug and put this in the past. You guys should be discussing the next time you will be diving together, not splitting hairs over administrative details of a dive trip several weeks in the past.

:giveusahug::grouphug:

From Tracy:

Please find in the following the email I received from Captain Mike.

"That fine it's not the money . Going foward I will need a deposit from scuba board members before I book my time and boat for people that don't show just because. Tracy I am sorry that one or two selfish people ruin things for all scuba board members You can tell both of them for me that they are no longer welcome on my boat. Life is to short to dance with butt holes

Captain Mike"

Yes, that is the email he sent that I then forwarded to you via pm. As he said, it's not about the money. Had you taken the time to call him, as I asked you to do several times, I doubt he would have charged you (as he intimated above in the email). Running him around for so long has ruined it for everyone.

Anyway, I can't speculate as to Mike's thoughts. I've emailed him. If he chooses to respond that his dealio. I'm done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom