Balmorhea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
I'd suggest calling the park: 432-375-2370, to make sure the weekend chosen would not be one when they drained the pool for cleaning or something. It might be good to call the adjacent dive shop: 432-375-2572 to ensure that they will be on hand for air fills.

PM me if I can help in with any inforation or anything.

That's a good point Don! The Park Rangers usually close the pool for a short period in the January - February time frame to drain the pool and clean it out. It would definitely be advantageous to call ahead of time and verify that they aren't going to be cleaning the pool during the weekend that you plan on going.

Hemlon:
How about Feb 9-11, 2007? (assuming that it's not the time that the site is being cleaned)
Probably as good a shot as any. Groundhog day is the 2nd, V-Day the 14th, Presidents day the 19th, in case any of those play in here. Regardless of the date you pick, it won't work for someone.

I do wonder if Presidents Day weekend might be better for some...??

Would this be a good place to haul our rv to camp during Spring Break? Mine is March 12-16. Thanks!

Foo:
Would this be a good place to haul our rv to camp during Spring Break? Mine is March 12-16. Thanks!

The campsite is setup for RVs, but I would not go just there, Big Bend is so close. Last Sprng Break my girlfriend and I went to Big Bend and stoped at Balmorhea on our way back.

~Jess

JessH:
The campsite is setup for RVs, but I would not go just there, Big Bend is so close. Last Sprng Break my girlfriend and I went to Big Bend and stoped at Balmorhea on our way back.

~Jess

Jess, is there diving at Big Bend? What is it like there, I've never been to that part of Texas. Thanks!

Foo:
Jess, is there diving at Big Bend? What is it like there, I've never been to that part of Texas. Thanks!
No diving at Big Bend, but Balmorhea isn't going to keep you interested for a whole week.

The closest thing to diving that I did at Big Bend was playing with my dive light in the hot spring at night :)

I believe there is a lake that you can dive in near Del Rio.

~Jess

JessH:
No diving at Big Bend, but Balmorhea isn't going to keep you interested for a whole week.

The closest thing to diving that I did at Big Bend was playing with my dive light in the hot spring at night :)

I believe there is a lake that you can dive in near Del Rio.

~Jess

Lake Amistad...and it gets mixed reviews for diving.

Hemlon:
Lake Amistad...and it gets mixed reviews for diving.

I know lots of people that are big fans of Good Enough springs, but that's way beyond the realm of rec.

Yah, we're definitely rec divers. Hmm. It just seems so far to go without staying at least a week, but I appreciate the heads up. We may go to San Marcos/New Braunfels instead, and go to Balmorea on a 3-4 day weekend sometime. Thanks for the info!!

Back
Top Bottom