Balmorhea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best time to dive there is in the fall/winter because not as many people show up to swim/dive/do o/w classes. The downside is the weather is cooler and last january it was flat out cold. It is nice to have the place to yourself though and have some crystal clear water. :)

We were out there this past Sept and had the lake to ourselves in the morning. A rescue class and the swimmers came in later in the day. A cool place for sure.

Late fall/early winter is good for all of the reasons stated above. Even during the winter, the water temp is still 72 F. Not too bad for 'winter' diving. Of course, you'll still be chilly during your S.I. With appropriate planning and gear, you can make it an enjoyable experience, or at least make it memorable.

Hemlon:
When is the best time to dive/camp at Balmorhea?

Donna
Let me know when you plan something and I will try to go with you. If you just go out camp/dive and back, we could split the whole deal.

Dan

Makes for a fun few days of activity....good to do at least once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom