Balmorhea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo:
Yah, we're definitely rec divers. Hmm. It just seems so far to go without staying at least a week, but I appreciate the heads up.
There is plenty do in the area if you stay a week, it's just mostly not dive related. There is actually a lake right by Balmorhea, don't know if it is worth diving in though.

~Jess

Foo:
Yah, we're definitely rec divers. Hmm. It just seems so far to go without staying at least a week, but I appreciate the heads up. We may go to San Marcos/New Braunfels instead, and go to Balmorea on a 3-4 day weekend sometime. Thanks for the info!!

Don't forget to give us a shout if you come our way girl!!!!:10:

Just got back from Balmorhea this weekend. We had a great time. Deepest spot was 21'. Viz was 30-50'. Temp was 74F.

To answer a few of your questions:

They drain the pool in May.
The ducks are already there.
Went to nearby Lake Balmorhea, didnt get in, viz was about 4"
Bring a compressor or enough tanks for the weekend. No fills within a few hundred miles.

Foo:
Yah, we're definitely rec divers. Hmm. It just seems so far to go without staying at least a week, but I appreciate the heads up. We may go to San Marcos/New Braunfels instead, and go to Balmorea on a 3-4 day weekend sometime. Thanks for the info!!
Foo, you could stay a couple of days at Balmorhea SP and do some diving then move to Ft Davis SP about 1 hour away, maybe a bit more pulling a trailer. It is one of my favorite locations. My wife and I get in a couple of trips there a year if at all possible. There are a number of things to keep you busy in the Ft. Davis area.

Then if you want to, you can go down to Big Bend for a few days before heading home. The drive from Ft Davis to the Campground at Big Bend is not a trivial thing, probably 4 hours or more pulling a trailer. I cant remember, but can check my notes if you are interested.

I have some basic info here
with links to the various websites. And I posted pictures here
from our last trip down there. Now if I can only get some of the video posted.

Willie

Bring a compressor or enough tanks for the weekend. No fills within a few hundred miles.
Whoa?! Really? What about the dive shop there? I'm in Key Largo now, but I'll call them when I can...

wet-willie:
And I posted pictures here
from our last trip down there.
Willie

Thanks for sharing the pics- actually, my favorite one has nothing to do with diving- it's the one with your son (I assume) and the baby in the sleeping bag. That pic rocks, and needs to be enlarged and framed.

Foo:
Thanks for sharing the pics- actually, my favorite one has nothing to do with diving- it's the one with your son (I assume) and the baby in the sleeping bag. That pic rocks, and needs to be enlarged and framed.
Yeah, I like that picture. That is my oldest and his son. He is the proud father of 2 girls and Dylan who turned 1 last July. His girls were my first 2 grandchildren. They have another on the way, but dont know the gender of that one yet.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom