Bali - Candidasa / Padang Bai or Nusa Lembongan with family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Violating Indonesian law!!! Far out.
Divers are still asking for solo diving in the country.
BTW, is there any similar law regarding depth for OW/AOW etc etc?
Guide line has no meaning in real life.
PERMENPAREKRAF NOMOR 7 TAHUN 2016. Maximum depth for recreational diving in Indonesia is 40 meters. Indeed solo diving is not allowed at all. As others said, the problems arise when an accident happens. In such a case any rule that has been violated can lead to criminal charges.

PERMENPAREKRAF NOMOR 7 TAHUN 2016. Maximum depth for recreational diving in Indonesia is 40 meters. Indeed solo diving is not allowed at all. As others said, the problems arise when an accident happens. In such a case any rule that has been violated can lead to criminal charges.
So there is a law stipulated that the maximum depth for recreational diving is 40m.
Does it differentiate between OW and AOW?

I do not see any problem with the laws regarding on certification. At the end of the day it is the operator who has the final say.

The sad part is people come to Bali/Indonesia with the idea that it is acceptable to break the law and engage in behaviors that they would not dream of in their own country. Examples include driving without a license, paying bribes to police officers, drunk driving, and other vile crimes that are far worse. I guess having money and visiting a culture with systemic problems with law enforcement make doing those things ethical.
Police was out in force to collect money from every passing vehicles on a busy road in Lombok including our!! The driver have to pay because he has NO choice!! The fine was peanut but....
I have seen the same in Phuket but only on foreign motor cyclists. No helmet, no licence, no insurance etc etc. Interestingly, the police took no bribe and accept no excuses! I do not think Thai Police is honest, far from it But that practice was to hammer out the message to tourists.

Welcome to Indonesia.

Police was out in force to collect money from every passing vehicles on a busy road in Lombok including our!! The driver have to pay because he has NO choice!! The fine was peanut but....
I have seen the same in Phuket but only on foreign motor cyclists. No helmet, no licence, no insurance etc etc. Interestingly, the police took no bribe and accept no excuses! I do not think Thai Police is honest, far from it But that practice was to hammer out the message to tourists.

Welcome to Indonesia.
I visit bali since 1995 at least once a year; sometimes crossing to Lombok too, mostly self-drive rental car. Several times stopped by the police, no problems at all, they never ask money, and I never once bribed the police, not a cent, for any reasons. Simple, I have never violated the rules.
Most cases is, people break the rules and then ask for help to get light fine and or the vehicle is not seized.
Ironically this conditions are contributed by the mindset that bribery is common, all police are bad and corrupt.
It is undeniable that there are bad cops, but there are also quite number of good ones. However, good cop is not attractive to discuss.

I visit bali since 1995 at least once a year; sometimes crossing to Lombok too, mostly self-drive rental car. Several times stopped by the police, no problems at all, they never ask money, and I never once bribed the police, not a cent, for any reasons. Simple, I have never violated the rules.
Most cases is, people break the rules and then ask for help to get light fine and or the vehicle is not seized.
Ironically this conditions are contributed by the mindset that bribery is common, all police are bad and corrupt.
It is undeniable that there are bad cops, but there are also quite number of good ones. However, good cop is not attractive to discuss.
They stopped EVERY passing vehicles, cars or motor bikes, and money was collected from every single of them with NO exception. The Police was the LAW.

They stopped EVERY passing vehicles, cars or motor bikes, and money was collected from every single of them with NO exception. The Police was the LAW.
Wow, then I'm Very Very special person.
I was born and lived in Jakarta all the time until 2005, every year back home 2-3x and visit Bali, and occasionally lombok, and other places in Indonesia - stopped by the police several times but they NEVER ask money, I NEVER bribe them.
6 years lived in Brunei, 4 years lived in Kazakhstan, 6 years I lived in Egypt, and I NEVER bribe any polices there and anywhere.

I can still remember the ugly faces of the police in those by gone yr!!!
But they are now being despised by the general public(depend where one is standing) for what they had done over last few yrs!

PERMENPAREKRAF NOMOR 7 TAHUN 2016. Maximum depth for recreational diving in Indonesia is 40 meters.

Oops, I saw this weird fish at 44m in Nusa Penida. 🤭

E29C45C4-28B9-4E09-9821-F49BF4D8674D.jpeg

Back to the original post....
@UFOrb my kids are exactly the same ages (7 & 10)!!
Would love to hear how the open water course goes with your kid.
My only hesitation right now is that I can not find gear that fits the eldest....he's not exactly the biggest of 10yr olds!! And having a BCD flapping around your ears is not exactly the best way to learn or feel comfortable underwater.
We walked around the ADEX dive show here in Singapore and there was not one single BCD, reg set nor fins that were kid specific.

Have a great trip...this time next week I'll be in a van to Tulamben! Can not wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom