Bali - Candidasa / Padang Bai or Nusa Lembongan with family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll also be in Raja Ampat on Blue Manta in 19-29 February, 2024. Which boat will you be on?

No loveboat for me staying on shore. My dive buddy doesn't have the funds for LOB.

Matching of what?
You are trying to argue that log book content is the same dive as the picture was taken? LOL
Your dive might have gone to 145' but what did you see at 15'?

Don’t you see the date on the picture? It’s shown on the bottom right corner in red as 30 AUG 2012, Texas time, which is 31 AUG 2012 Bali time. Get it?

The 15’ on page 2 is referring to the length from top to bottom. You can see it relative to its cleaner fish, a foot-long Emperor Anglefish.

Besides, I have 2 witnesses. My buddy & my guide to verify it. The guide even signed & stamped my logbook.

6DC034D7-AE17-4D1A-AC6F-E7AB471ACE1D.jpeg

Have you ever seen natural yellow colour at 44m?
The colour of that tail was dead give away!!!!

Do you know why underwater photographer use strobes for taking underwater pictures at depth? I have 2 strobe lights on my camera at the time. For those that know underwater photography, the strobe lights would correct the lost yellow or red color at depth.

That Mola Mola is huge relative to its cleaner fish, Emperor Anglefish, which was about a foot long.

The only people I saw at Crystal Bay not using strobes were those with Go Pro's. All others with cameras had strobes. My video I did not use my video lights as they simply do not have the power for a long distance video.

Centrals why can you not just accept the fact that Dan was at 145 feet when he took that photo? Dan has nothing to prove and I have dived at the same site.

Centrals why can you not just accept the fact that Dan was at 145 feet when he took that photo? Dan has nothing to prove and I have dived at the same site.
Because Centrals likes to wind people up! And everyone takes the bait!!
When Centrals starts chirping I get the popcorn out and sit back and chuckle!

View attachment 787071

The same picture I use for my avatar since I joined SB in 2016.
LOL.
who care about that!!!!! Your client?
Where does it say that the picture was taken at 44m(145').
Persistent will get you no where unless you can prove that the picture was taken at that depth.

Make one up!! That shouldn't be that difficult on computer nowadays! Have fun.

[Mod edit of deleted posts]

Agree not to sure why the depth @Dan took the picture at matters so much. Its a nice picture and memory for him.

Not to mention its not like diving at 44m is unheard of. Its pretty common especially in Indonesia. 44m is stilly relatively shallow IMO

Most of the Mola Mola and other big stuff I have seen has been around 70m

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom