Bali - Candidasa / Padang Bai or Nusa Lembongan with family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree not to sure why the depth @Dan took the picture at matters so much. Its a nice picture and memory for him.

Not to mention its not like diving at 44m is unheard of. Its pretty common especially in Indonesia. 44m is stilly relatively shallow IMO

Most of the Mola Mola and other big stuff I have seen has been around 70m
You realize that the dive center involved and their staff could get long jail sentences if a accident happens deeper than 40 meters?

You realize that the dive center involved and their staff could get long jail sentences if a accident happens deeper than 40 meters?

How does one prove at what depth an accident happens. Let's say someone dies at 30m but body recovered at 45m. It is easy to say yes the max depth was at 45m cannot prove what depth someone say become deceased or unconscious

In all seriousness I did not know this was a "law" or there was jail time involved with diving deeper than 40m if an accident occurs. I dive in Indonesia a lot, maybe average about 250hr/year underwater there and I think every single dive I do is deeper than 40m (minus cave diving, but even then I have been in a couple sub 40m deep caves in Indonesia). I was just in Indonesia April/May doing dives quadruple this rule (yes 160m) no issues never heard of this jail sentence issue nor had any of the multiple support crew members assisting with the dives or else I doubt the would be willing to be support crew. Not trying to be sarcastic or stir the pot but just curious to know more about this 40m rule because I brake it every time I dive and its probably something I should know more about. Majority of my dives are sub 100m as are all my dive buddies.

We also even discovered a new species right around 157m (the gorgonian clip before the crab)
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr5gWC3Jojh/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Luckily my BCD being XXL has a huge lift capacity. Enough to get two people ascending in a down draft if it was necessarry.
"Balance rig"
I believe SB has been "preaching" this practice for many yrs, a lot longer for GUE.
Lo and behold, we still have someone with such practice.

Which diving agency teaching this or just a plain st$%id idea.?

In all seriousness I did not know this was a "law" or there was jail time involved with diving deeper than 40m if an accident occurs. I dive in Indonesia a lot, maybe average about 250hr/year underwater there and I think every single dive I do is deeper than 40m (minus cave diving, but even then I have been in a couple sub 40m deep caves in Indonesia). I was just in Indonesia April/May doing dives quadruple this rule (yes 160m) no issues never heard of this jail sentence issue nor had any of the multiple support crew members assisting with the dives or else I doubt the would be willing to be support crew. Not trying to be sarcastic or stir the pot but just curious to know more about this 40m rule because I brake it every time I dive and its probably something I should know more about. Majority of my dives are sub 100m as are all my dive buddies.

We also even discovered a new species right around 157m (the gorgonian clip before the crab)
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr5gWC3Jojh/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
In the law of 2016 the word recreational diving is used. For deeper dives a certification for technical diving is needed. This law doesn' t go further into the rules (if any) for technical diving. An example not related to diving: a driver gives a ride to some people on the back up his pick-up truck. He crashes his car because of very bad road. Some of the people are killed in the accident. He went to jail for 5 years. Not allowed to have people at the back without helmets. Furthermore, all foreigners always have to be accompanied by a qualified Indonesian guide. Permenpar No. 7 Tahun 2016 tentang Pedoman Penyelenggaraan Wisata Selam Rekreasi [JDIH BPK RI]

Dive c
How does one prove at what depth an accident happens. Let's say someone dies at 30m but body recovered at 45m. It is easy to say yes the max depth was at 45m cannot prove what depth someone say become deceased or unconscious
Computers will be confiscated at the spot together with all other equipment. Everybody will be taken to the police station. Some probably for some weeks. And then it doesn't matter anymore what caused the accident or at what depth it happened. Maybe unless the story is believable that the victim became unconscious at a shallower depth and that the other (s) involved had to go deeper to help.

In the law of 2016 the word recreational diving is used. For deeper dives a certification for technical diving is needed.

So I can use the TDI ANDP cert then.

It’s time for me to get technical diving certification then, like PADI Tec 40 to start with, to make sure I won’t get my guide in trouble, if I ever get into an accident at depth (> 40m deep).

It’s time for me to get technical diving certification then, like PADI Tec 40 to start with, to make sure I won’t get my guide in trouble, if I ever get into an accident at depth (> 40m deep).
LOL.
Do you really believe with Tec certification then you can simply go beyond 40m even on rec dive!!!!!

I think the TDI ANDP would be better as its 45m depth already.

Reactions: Dan

Back
Top Bottom