BaitedStorm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vickie- Well great.. I tried to make you better and invoked hurricanes!!

I am looking forward to your getting better. You have to get to spotting them tasty little tails.. mini season is coming up and all.

I got butter and garlic waiting to go.

I keep meaning to come over and visit but am doing OT. Plus I have seen that stuff spread like a cold.. I will wrap you in happy friendship AFTER you get better. I might even carry some tanks for you.

Eric

RonFrank:
And booked a dive on July 23rd.. He said you are missed, and you need to get your tail end back in the water (and the rest of you for that matter) so we can follow you around like puppies!!

Seriously, even if I don't know you, hope you recover quickly as I'd love if you were able to dive with us.

Take it easy, and thank god that we live in a time where we can fix stuff like what you have just experienced...

Look forward to diving with your OPS, and hope you can wet soon.

I'm hopeful that I'll be back in the water by then!!! :D

Hey There Vicki glad to read that you are doing better :wink: Don't be a bad patient and listen to the doctor's. Hope to see you and hubby at another SB Party Soon :D

Wildbill:cop_2:

baitedstorm:
Heya Sue, yes it was MRSA (I wasn't sure if many would know what it was so I spelled it like it sounds instead). I'm curious as to how long it took your mom to feel back to herself after her battle.. I'm hearing things like 2-4 weeks and even longer and it's seriously starting to freak me out a bit.

I'm certainly glad we have people like you out there doing screenings and searching constantly for different types of medicines.
I dunno if my Mom is a good gauge of recovery time, since she was about 78 when it happened, and had myriad other health issues at the time. She was in a sort of dream state when the infection had taken hold, and when her last-ditch-effort course of Vancomycin finally worked, her mental faculties came back, but she took several months to get back to herself otherwise.
But like I said, she was old and frail at the time in the first place, and had a lot of other big mountains to climb besides the infection.
You are young and vital and generally fabulous, and I would guess that you will be feeling better shortly. :) It might take a couple of weeks for you to feel 100% again, but I am betting you are feeling better already. Am I right? :dance:

For those of you who don't know what MRSA is, it's a SCARY bacterial infection, (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and it's scary because it is resistant to most known antibiotics, so untreated, it can and does take over and kill people in short order. Staph aureus is bad enough to begin with, (it's a blood-eating, flesh-colonizing, toxin-producing nightmare) but resistant staph aureus is absolutely terrifying. People pick it up in hospitals, mostly, because that's where it lives. There are very very few antibiotics that work for it, and hopefully there will be more coming down the pike in the very near future.

thanks Sue.... I am starting to feel much better. My energy is just zapped. I'm the person you never want to take to the movies (hehehehehe, ask Eric) just 100% busy body and like being on the go. I try unpacking a few boxes, then I'm so worn out that I end up taking a 2 hour nap. I am behaving and following doctors orders, I never EVER want to do this again. We're still not sure where my husband picked it up, the doctor seems to think it was probably from the jail (he's a deputy). It amazes me how he had that nasty stuff for well over a month before we knew what it was. I get it, and withing 12 hours I'm sick as a dog, little over 24 hours my body started going septic. I suppose it's like anything else effecting others differently.

I'm glad to hear your mom pulled through it ok, I actually know exactly what your talking about with the dreamy state. I figured it was all the pain meds they had pumped me up with.

Anyways, it's important for people to understand they need to take their meds like they are told... No leaving left overs for another illness..

Scuba_Jenny:
Hey everybody, just want to give you a heads up and to keep BaitedStorm in your prayers. Without going into too many details, she has a bacterial infection and maybe hospitalized if it gets anyworse.
Praying for a speedy recovery.

My thoughts and prayers are with her as well. I had 'em, she gets 'em.

Hi Vickie,
Maybe I missed it in all the posts... but.. How's MurphDiver doing? Did he get zapped like you did?

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. and yes... listen to your doctor... I probably still wouldn't be diving, if I didn't listen to my overly conservative wonderful doctor.

Al

Get well soon Vickie! Maybe you can get a doc with a shiney bean. :wink:

I believe this is the new Super Bug and is spreading fast in Health Clubs, could be deadly if it enters the blood stream..........hope you get well soon.

Scuba_Dad:
Hi Vickie,
Maybe I missed it in all the posts... but.. How's MurphDiver doing? Did he get zapped like you did?

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. and yes... listen to your doctor... I probably still wouldn't be diving, if I didn't listen to my overly conservative wonderful doctor.

Al
Heya Al, the MurphMonster is doing just fine... His never left the skin.. He's still taking meds too just to make sure it's all dead and gone. Than was some wicked crap!!!

As for my doctor, sadly he has a full head of hair (still gorgeous though), I let it pass only cause he's a diver too... hehehehe!

Thanks everyone for passing around Da love thread, I promise not to infect anyone... :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom