BaitedStorm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's because they used a marbled stray instead of the standard yellow tabby. They're supposed to get a new cat from the shelter to try again next week. Holding the last one by the tail made it mad, too. They get so testy when you do that. I never had a good cat scan when they held them by the tail.

You guys are so sweet, love ya all!!! Thanks for all your encouraging words and prayers (um...err...and candle dancing)..

I'm on the mend now, still running a very slight fever everyday, but nothing to really be concerned with. The Mersa infectin did enter my blood stream, hence the many complications I've had. The doctor told me today that my test results said that nasty cootie bug didn't get into my more vital organs and I should consider myslef very lucky.

It's hard for me to believe my biggest concerned when I first went in was the size of the scars they would inflict upon me, never once did I believe it was going to get as bad as it did. I'd like to say I got through it with not much effort, but the truth is, I wasn't sure if I had the strength to continue. I'm so grateful to my husband, kids, mom, and sisters for all they did for me here. Also to everyone who called/IM'd me to keep my spirits lifted many many thanks....!!!

I still must do a few more rounds of antibiotic treatment and must rest (no diving....sob) for at least another week or so. Finally off the really strong narcotics....ahem... Jenny.. so I can type online a little bit at a time.

Again, thank you all sooooo much for everything!!!! It's good to be back home here with my SB family!

Well Randy, it looks like you don't get the tanks. One could almost say, "No tanks to you, she is getting better." I crack myself up sometimes. I'm here all week folks.

Joe

Get well soon Vickie, Glad you are doing better.

Vickie,
So glad to hear you are doing better and to see you back online. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take it nice and slow, dont rush your recovery and end up getting sick again.
love ya,
kim

Sideband:
Well Randy, it looks like you don't get the tanks. One could almost say, "No tanks to you, she is getting better." I crack myself up sometimes. I'm here all week folks.

Joe
I hate to admit this to you........... but I got a laugh out of that comment!

I guess we were a little early concerning dividing her stuff up, don'cha think?

Hey Vickie, don't read this post.... OK?

Great to hear you are on the mend Vickie! We all missed you. Big hugs going out to you!

Hey V.,

If you need another opinion, I can offer you one. I have played the role of doctor many times................and nurse a few times too but I hate the outfit. Anyway, get well soon. Let's just leave the sick part to your thinking, k?!

Joe

You had MRSA? :eek:
Wow. I am so happy that you are on the mend. My Mom had that a few years ago, and I remember how awful it was for her. (she recovered okay, too!) :)

That's some scary stuff, and my inspiration for screening for new antibiotics.
Resistant bacteria scare the bejeezus out of me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom